1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Venkat Y

Venkat Y Novizio

Right, I just enquired on Linea Mjd, I was told 1.5L Discount on new mode. When I ask the Month of manufacture, I was told it will be March Stock. Is it worth buying March stock ?

SE told that he it is not in his hands, Company will send the old stock. Is that true ?
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    It's absolutely fine @Venkat Y . Go for it after doing Pdi. For freshly manufactured car, you I'll have to wait and probably it won't have discounts either.
  3. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    @drsantoshms: thanks for the suggestion. The choice was narrowed down to either a tjet or mjd based on the TD I took for Verna, City and Fiat. And, to confess the truth, my choice was also influenced by experts here at teamfiat and other forums.

@prabhjot: Took a TD of MJD today. Frankly, too slow to take off (and I dare say too slow to fly as well at the highest gear). Add to it the noisy engine. Wife also had a feeling that suspensions for some reason were not as good as the Tjet. So, finally took the plunge at booked Magnesio Grey Tjet from Esskay.

Now the only thing to be decided was the onroad price. No discounts on Tjet was the chant both from the sales executive as also his boss. The best they could offer was what they had conveyed earlier – about 20 K which would have worked out to ORP of 10,46000. For the MJD, was being offered full 1 lakh discount (including 30K for exchange. While I had no intention of going for the exchange, I was told that what I need to submit is just the copy of the purchase invoice, RC book and insurance of my old car and not the physical transfer of the car to them. Sounded strange!!).

Then started my hard negotiations. Finally managed to close the deal at 9,90,000 for the Emotion (76k discount in total). This is includes zero-dep insurance, extended warranty of 5 yrs, exchange docs (need to just submit a copy of the RC book, purchase invoice and insurance of my existing car without any physical transfer – weird!!) and Fiat genuine accessories (mats, mud flap and body cover). Was also assured of free pick up and home delivery for servicing. So paid the booking amount of 50K. They had sunbeam gold June manufactured in stock. Wanted a magnesio so said they would get it from the plant. I told I would take the delivery in January cos I wanted the 2015 registration for which they had no issues. Now keeping my fingers crossed :)
    pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  4. turborider

turborider Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Query to Gurus:

This weekend, front right tyre hit a small stone (5~6 inches) I guess at a speed of not more than 40 kmph, and there is a puncture in both the walls of the tyre. I was suggested at the garage that the tyre is wasted and at best can be used as stand by. I would like to replace the tyre, question is : shall I change only damaged tyre with the same brand and spec OR I shall upgrade all 4 tyres to Michelin or Yokohama. Being the end of the year, and if I go for option 2, what shall I get the price for all 4 existing tyres that have run 5K Kms.

Please keep in mind that wallet is already in complaining mode on being kept lighter.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    If the wallet keeps getting too light, which it can a lot, best to just change the damaged 5K run tyres. Try luck with warranty, and see if any waivers/discounts can be offered for replacement of same brand tyres. Price of used tyres is peanuts. In Mumbai buy used tyres go for 600-1200 per piece depending on used condition. So expect half of its selling value if you want to sell, which you shouldn't.

New 15" tyres Yoko or Michelin (set of 4) could be about 19k to 22k depending on profile and sub-category. Guess you have T-jet? in which case it could be nearing 25-26k
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Venkat Y , Bro, just deduce the cost of battery exchange, tyre exchange from the discounts.
    Since car is 9 months back manufactured, tires & battery are likely to be manufactured 1 year back

Battery unused for such a long period is likely to die before expected duration.
    Also, if the car tyres if mounted on rims and standing under direct sunlight during full summer &October are likely to get hardened leading to hard ride & loss of life span of tires by approx 10 k km.
    Better to exchange the battery & tires to the brand of your choice on day one of your ownership so as to get piece of mind.
    Happy Fiating!
    Also remember to check , tyre and battery warranty duration, I mean if it is from date of manufacture or date of sale of the car.
    Because warranty cards often mention a tricky phrase 'whichever is earlier' which can be disadvantageous AFA your car deal is concerned if you decide to continue with OE tires & batter.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 15, 2014 ---
    @turborider , if a used tire is costing 1 to 1.5 k Rs, try to search for 5 kkm run tire. If you find a used tire with similar mileage & age, it would be VFM deal.
    Try, olx or quikr.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    dadasaheb and Venkat Y like this.
  7. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Linea T-Jet
    hello all,
    I recently joined this group. I have booked fiat linea T jet emotion at bhopal. after discount the OTR cost will be INR 9.6 lac. I have earlier used Maruti 800 and presently having maruti Ritz ZXI. After going through various web sites, I decided to go for this car. I will try to post in future and remain in contact with fellowTeam fiat members.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rajnish K Jain

Welcome to the Fiat (Linea T-jet) experience, one that has no equal this side of 16-18 lakhs! And to TFi of course.

I imagine the experience is already quite different from the Maruti-s you've owned previously? :)

Do post a bit on that, and on your purchase and initial ownership experiences, will you?

regards and cheers
    Kapalin and drsantoshms like this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

On a different note, my Linea T-Jet hit the 25000km mark today. 25000 km of fuss-free, spirited driving , that is !
  10. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Buddy, You ask all new Fiat owners to pen down their thought process in choosing their car, purchase and ownership experiences. But we are yet to see an ownership thread from you;)
    turborider likes this.