1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar
    Take extensive TD of both MJD and Tjet one after another and decide. I am happy you are considering only between Multijet and Tjet. Whatever car you choose you can't go wrong. That's the beauty of Fiat linea. Don't get carried away by issues like turbolag in MJD which are bloated misconceptions by first time test riders and paid critics. Multijet is an able engine well suited for Indian roads.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Ashish Kumar, prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  2. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Just got a call from KHT Fiat Caffe @ Blr, saying they can offer 30k cash discount and Free Insurance (or 12k cash discount) on the T-jet!

Assuming they offer the 42k cash discount, does that get reduced from the Ex showroom price / Road tax?
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i think all the discounts get reduced from the onroad price and not ex showroom.
  4. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    My question exactly - If plan to register the vehicle myself, the I need to carry out the road tax formalities.
    Assume I am not taking any extras from the dealer -

Paid to dealer:
    On road - 9,18,738/-
    ----------------------

Self:
    Insurance - 20k
    Road tax - 142,xxx/-
    ------------------------

So, in effect, if the dealer is giving a 40k cash discount it should ideally be reduced from the on road price , and the road tax should be modified accordingly right?

In effect, I pay the dealer only 9,18,738 - 40,000 , making that amount taxable .
    dadasaheb likes this.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    please ask your dealer if he is ready then that will be icing on cake.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Ashish Kumar

Boss, allow me to give some aphoristic gyaan, even if it's a truism and totally un-original :p: 'price and value and NOT the same thing'

I agree wholeheartedly with @drsantoshms ' points, but i'd STRONGLY urge you to TD both cars again by bracketing away the price question and focussing exclusively on 'use-value' esp, driving pleasure. The Linea mjd is the most pleasurable-yet-practical diesel sedan in its segment but you MAY find that the T-jet is, still, something else! :)

I say this ONLY since you mention your low monthly running, and the much lower petrol prices (which are here to stay for the next few years). The t-jet should give you 9 to 11 kpl in Mumbai traffic, all else being equal.
  7. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    ad in Hindu about discounts

WP_20141213_07_51_09_Pro.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday it was 100000 on linea and 30000 on evo in TOI
  9. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I called Ramkay Fiat, chennai. This 2 lakh discount is for old linea 2013. For New linea the discount is 1.4 lakh.
    Kapalin likes this.
  10. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes Santosh it seems to be stock clearance 2013 linea mjd.
    For punto evo 90hp 65k discount
    for punto evo 75hp 50k discount
    prabhjot likes this.