1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today, I test drove Linea Emotion on Ghat section & an offroad track (which I use to TD suv ish vehicles like Duster, Terrano, storme), Car passed over that track comfortably @30 kmph with 5 adults on board. Other cars were moving at snail's pace over it. Myself, when travelling in my Manza never use that track and prefer to take longer route.
    My family is in love with Linea after this TD.
    Afterwards I took TD of Ford Fiesta 2014, the low-end torque of this car made me think twice over Linea.
    Also, my father said that economically fiesta seems VFM as FE is 25 kmph. But I explained him that price difference between top end models of both the Cars after discounts is approximately 75000 Rs, which further raises to 100000 Rs, if we think of the interest on it. And FE advantage seems to be nullified.
    During TD fiesta TD, with 5 people on board, its underbody got scrapped on a big spead breaker at speed less than 20 kmph over which Linea with 5 people on board had passed comfortably @30 kmph without hassles few minutes back.
    Finally all agreed that Linea suspension is more than perfect for India.
    In fiesta, my mom complained about crowding at rear and my son studying in 4 th standard complained about how the middle transmission hump was making his feet uncomfortable.

So, if I go for Linea, remap or tuning box is must, as I just can't resist the feeling that I got with perfect driving position & everytime my head got banged back on the headrest while taking off. Low end torque is simply addictive.
    So searching for a solution (maps or box) which will not void warranty.
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  2. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat should advertise this against the segment competition with a video of that offroad track and the happy family in it.

also request you to post this in on Facebook page of FIAT
  3. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey Tornado, Pabhishek, Prabhjot, thanks guys. And @prabhjot, good to be among the experts.

@Tornado: Getting a cash discount of 10K plus an option of getting a GPS installed or equivalent cash discount (of 10K) for Emotion Tjet.

@prabhjot: Took a TD from Esskay at my office. Haven’t seen their dealership though and they also were equally competent as Torrid. The only issue is that they have just launched their dealership in March 2014 so cannot be sure of their track record on ASS. Further, the sales executive at Torrid told me that Esskay is planning to shut down – talk of competition!!! I clarified with Esskay who said they have such a big space at Prabhadevi and that they have recently opened their workshop in Shevri, not for closing down!!!.

So all in all, the best price I am getting for Tjet Emotion in Mumbai is 10.5 K.

But I am now in a fix. @pabhishek, you said it right. Fiat has started offering 1 lakh discount on mjd (30k cash discount, free insurance and 30K exchange). That works out to almost the same price as tjet. I need your expert opinion guys. Should I go in for MJD given that it has a significantly higher fuel efficiency (20 .4 kmpl vs. 15.7 kmpl). Most of my driving would be in city and occasionally inter-city. The average running would be about 750-850 km / month. Please guys, need your help and expert suggestion – does going for diesel make sense?
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Similar discount is not on T-Jet?
  5. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ravi : Nope.No discount from Fiat on Tjet:banghead:. Thats the whole confusion.:(
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Ashish Kumar
    The more you think, the more reasonable does Multijet linea looks. Actually it's no brainer with huge discounts on Multijet now. Initially I was also in dilemma between MJD vs Tjet. But after a series of Test drives I feel MJD is more practical choice for day to day use. By the way I booked MJD linea recently. Tjet is option for people who love performance without worry of mileage. Either cars is a win-win situation. You can't go wrong with anyone
    prabhjot and Ashish Kumar like this.
  7. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @drsantoshms : Thanks buddy. But what about the cost of ownership of MJD vs Tjet. Wouldn't maintenance etc. for diesel be higher?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A remap will void engine warranty, if Fiat or FASC will find that you have done a remap. With a box or chip solution you can physically remove the thing before it goes for service. The point cannot be more stressed than it already has been that you need to wait and work or adapt to the stock MJD acceleration. A remap is any day more recommended esp. the wolfmoto one, which has been carefully tweaked considering the engine response and loads of other readings and calculations. The Wolfmoto guys are the goto guys if you speak of remap for Punto or Linea. Anything else and you are on rather lonely experimental roads (not recommended) due to the way these boxes cheat readings and pass false info to ECU/ECM.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 12, 2014 ---
    Use this link to get a fairer idea about your vehicle TCO. http://aravindavk.in/diesel-vs-petrol-car/
  9. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Low running costs of MJD will more than compensate little higher maintenance costs of diesel over Tjet . This especially holds true when both petrol and diesel cars are available at same price. Spares of Multijet are readily available and also considerably less pricier than Tjet because of more localisation of Multijet spares when compared to Tjet. You need to consider this spares issue also in calculating maintenance costs.
    One thing is sure. Tjet completely belongs to a different league with focus on performance needed for few enthusiasts. Multijet is able and practical car for masses.
    Your mileage points to Tjet. But I know it's quite difficult to ignore Multijet with mouth watering discounts.
    nbvcrao, prabhjot and Ashish Kumar like this.
  10. Ashish Kumar

Ashish Kumar Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @esperto: Thanks for the link.
    @drsantoshms : Your suggestion is making me lean over to the multijet. Will try and take a TD of MJD on saturday and then see the best they have on offer for it :D