1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I mailed AV motors with CC to Mangesh Kodalkar and I got prompt reply from mangesh not from the dealer as following.

Sir,
    Thank you for your communication & feedback shared .
    With regards to car availability & scheme , it is billed as per availability on FIFO & the monthly consumer scheme that is prevailing for the month.
    With regards to performance , be rest assured on same & the warranty will be applicable from the date of delivery of car to you .
    With warm regards,
    Mangesh Kodalkar
    Head- Customer Care

Finally I confirmed my booking and requested in the same mail for a thorough PDI.
    Now Fingers crossed..
    Ravi and prabhjot like this.
  2. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    All the best Santosh, even mine was May 2014. I have driven 2200kms. Love the vehicle :)
    drsantoshms and prabhjot like this.
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @drsantoshms

Congrats.

AV Motors mentioned that you and kiran had visited their showroom. How about waiting till mid Dec. wherein you might get the latest manufactured car. What was the discount they had offered? Every month on 6th showrooms get updated about discounts. Check with them.
    drsantoshms likes this.
  4. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanx @nbvcrao. I already finalised my booking and waiting for delivery.. Mostly by this weekend.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Which Kiran were they talking about?
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @N Kiran I am lot relieved now after talking with you, Kumar and Suman. Thank you
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @N Kiran As AV Motors mentioned 'Kiran', I thought it was you. Hope nothing offensive about it.

@drsantoshms when is your New Linea expected? Any update...
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Its not offensive. Sorry if you took it that way. Infact I was amused. Except for the SA Naresh, no one really knows me at AV Motors.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, At the cost of sounding stupid, I have few questions as I am looking to buy 2014 Fiat Linea.
    1)The SC said that if I purchase the Dynamic and go for upsizing the rim & tyre similar to the Emotion specs, it will void the warranty? Is it true? Also he said engine and suspension is tuned for a particular size of the rim & tyre so fiat is against such upgrades. Is it true?

2)The TD car was Emotion (16 inch wheels) and if I go for dynamic (15 inch wheels), how it will hamper the handling & ride quality? I was extremely happy with the stability of the car when I drove the Emotion in a zig zag manner at good speeds, also my kids enjoyed it rather than getting afraid!
    I drove the Emotion over the Pune speed breakers @40 kmph without any issues. On the same speed breakers I had to drive the Rapid, Scala, Verna at the speeds bellow 15 kmph. I don't want to compromise on these fronts. It is not that I am fond of driving fast on the speed breakers but sometimes I miss to locate them due to lack of zebra crossing kind of painting on them and slow down in time ending up scraping the underbody as my life is full of hurry, worry & curry! Even if I manage to brake urgently and stop or slowdown, possibility of a car /biker or Auto rickshaw getting banged on the rear of my car is very high (Few years back I had to spend heavily at notorious FASS, as my UNO's oil sump gave away on a hump. Also My previous cars have been rear ended quite a few times if I slow down suddenly in Pune.)

3)One more important concern is that I usually travel on a state highway which is devoid of the road divider. So, many times I have to swiftly overtake one or two trucks in single attempt without causing anxious moments due to nearing upcoming vehicles.
    And I felt Emotion did it better than Rapid, Verna 1.6, though they appear better on paper than Linea. One of the reason why I felt Linea better than others because I need not bother about the surprise pot holes or humps on the overtaking patch of the road.
    Will this experience get hampered if I go for Dynamic instead of Emotion?

Also I want know which car amongst the competition reaches 40 to 80 kmph distance faster?

4) After reading this thread, it seems , Fiat is providing cars manufacturerd 5 to 6 months back. My concern is about the deterioration of battery quality & life & exposed rubber parts especially tyres due to storage of the unused cars under sun in the dealer's stockyard for such a long time.
    The Owner's manual of my Manza mentions that if the car is manufactured more than 6 months back, dealer needs to carry out a special PDI as prescribed by TATA. Is there similar notice given in the owner 's manual of Linea?
    5)Is it possible to remove the chrome strips on the rear bumper, rubrails and chrome garnish on the front grills of Emotion variant without damaging the paint and make it look like dynamic? I hate excessive chrome.

3)I have checked the ICE of Linea 2014 & Avventura. Avventura has got little more thump in the bass than Linea. Do you agree?

4) What ICE upgrade do you suggest?
    I already have two Harman Infinity reference 6500 cx 270 w component speakers and JBL1150 bass tube. Will it be sufficient for upgrade purpose or I need to purchase something else?

6) Is it possible to install after market reverse cam +GPS navigation without voiding wiring warranty. For eg. Powering it through mobile charging port?

7) AFAIK, there are two fiat dealers in Pune. Both are TATA & Fiat dealers though the both brands are sold & serviced at different venues. Who is better? Pandit Auto or Sky moto Fiat Caffè Koregaon Park.

Thanks for the critical analysis of the car and the cam. I think remote control of the ICE is meant for rear passengers. Or you were talking of some other remote?

IIRC, I have read on this forum that during 2010, Blaupukt ICE use to come as OE on Linea and after 2011, it was replaced by Delphi and same continues in 2014 model too.Correct me if I am wrong.

Won't it void the warranty?
    BTW which brand they are? And how is your experience with them?

BTW, posting few pics of White Linea 2014 taken at Pandit Auto Pune.
    20141130_171649.jpg 20141130_171813.jpg 20141130_171801.jpg 20141130_171824.jpg
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Tornado I have 2014 T-Jet Dynamic variant which has run 8500 km since May 2014 and believe me the ride and handling characteristics are excellent so no worry on that front. Yes, Emotion variant will give you better ride and handling in comparison to Dynamic but nonetheless Dynamic is also a good handler. Also if you are thinking of upgrade of rims on Dynamic then instead of spending money on upgrades, I would suggest to put that extra money into buying Emotion variant. Doing that you will get additional goodies like Leather upholstery (which is damn good), Cruise Control, Ambient lighting and rear curtain on top of R16 rims. I had budget constraints hence couldn't go for Emotion else that was my choice.

Yesterday i called up Pandit, Pune to know if rear view camera can be fitted on my Jet and voila they said yes so if you want to have reverse camera (either in Navigator or on IRVM) then get it done at FASS so that you don't risk violating Warranty. All the best and keep us posted...
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.