1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Krish for the information I will contact powerzone.

Thanks prabhjot :)
  2. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Kapalin very good and practical decision regarding engine, colour and trim. After taking delivery of your dream car, update us with pics and buying experience
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Santosh, sure will update pictures and the buying experience.
  4. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    1.3 Multijet engine on our Linea is an excellent, frugal and practical engine for Indian driving conditions. It is more refined than other diesel engines like Honda IDtec and VW TDI. Engine idle is smooth and vibration-free and no diesel clutter like skoda.Though the engine looks puny but it has good pulling power, nice and punchy midrange and in-gear acceleration times which are actually faster than more powerful rivals like the Verna diesel in a way that makes you think it has more than 92bhp under its hood. But only one issue which spoils the driving experience and fun factor is its initial turbo lag. And the critics and first time test riders over exaggerate this issue.

My Big question is: What should Fiat do to address the turbo lag issue in this excellent engine in most cost effective way?
    1.When Wolfmoto can successfully remap and can overcome the lag issues and improve MJD performance and also fuel efficiency in certain maps, Why cant fiat tune and remap its engine? We can find many happy customers of remapped MJD in our forum itself.

2. Should fiat consider dual turbos? A smaller turbo for initial rpms and a larger turbo for larger rpms?

I am not talking when Fiat brings 1.6/1.5 MJD or MJD2. Why can't fiat atleast make our highly capable national engine more drivable and release a better Linea diesel next year?
    Tornado, Ravi_M and prabhjot like this.
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I did my third test ride of Fiat linea Multijet two days back. This time the test vehicle came to me had clocked 7500 kms and felt more smooth. I rode extensively for about one and half hour both in city traffic and also highway. The more I ride, the more Multijet is growing on me. City driving in bumper to bumper traffic is good and acceptable for me. In highway though the ride is good, turbolag is felt when you had to accelerate after quick deceleration to 40 kmph in Fifth gear. I feel as if there is no response to throttle and need to shift down to fourth gear to overtake a truck.
    Overall, I feel Multijet is a good practical car for day to day use with excellent fuel efficiency. And these discounts are more tempting me to consider Multijet over Tjet. Few more observations..1. Braking is very good even with rear drums 2. NVH is well controlled and engine feels refined. 3. Ride and handling is composed and matured.
    I want to do another extensive test drive of Tjet to know what I am going to miss if I take Multijet over Tjet.
    linea4me likes this.
  6. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Urgent. The T Jet allocated to me is June 2014 modle. Will it be fine to go with it?
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Just make sure to do a through PDI, otherwise no issues at all.
  8. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    40 kmph in 5th gear and again accelerating - this happens to many powerful cars also. even my Verna 1.6 CRDI behaves same.
    Linea MJD can take off from 20 in 3rd gear but not my Verna need to downshift to 2nd.
    Currently discounts are good on MJD and very tempting.
    Linea's breaking is very good with only 2 discs than my 4 disc verna.

Go for the MJD if your running is little close to 1000 km per month, its different story altogether that it will increase by at least 500 km due to new car.
  10. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Vijendra, mine was May 2014,
    I have driven 1000kms in this two weeks, enjoying the ride :)
    I am not sure if this is because of the very less sales of the T-Jet.
    PDI was done by the dealer. No issues seen.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.