1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding offer and discounts, do check with other dealers in your city and negotiate.
    The 16" alloy will perfectly fit, it will be a direct fit from Emotion to Dynamic. Not to worry about any technical issues, dealer just making some excuses. But this might not be easy to get as offer, Alloys are costly item.
  2. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Ravi, thanks a lot for this information, just got a call from the dealer and they agreed to give 30k cash discount max,
    I think it's ok. Btw would I miss anything on the ride comfort or handling if it's a 15inch alloy? I go in highway once in a month for about 300kms.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not at-all.
    15", with 195/60 is nice and good size for Linea, you will enjoy it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a lot for your quick response Ravi, I will book and update this thread with pictures and initial feedback :) I think it might take 15 days for delivery as told by the dealer.
    Thanks again...
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  5. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Kapalin Actually linea is more agile and more fuel efficient on 15 inches. Ride comfort is also better. Road grip and braking ability is adequate. Thanks to all four disc brakes. One more advantage with dynamic version is adequate amount of Chrome.. Not overdone as in emotion variant. Excellent decision. So I understood that you are getting free insurance + R's 30000/- cash discount.. Total of about 65000/- isn't it?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2014 ---
    But I feel extra amount of about Rs 45000 for emotion variant is justified for 16" alloys, OEM leather seats, ambient lighting and cruise control.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  6. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Santosh, thank you for your response, this gives me some confidence to go for dynamic, no insurance only 30k cash discount. I hope he might give few accessories, will be visiting the showroom tomorrow. Will let you know. Thanks
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I tried for extended wrranty but couldn't nail it. See it at your end. All the best buddy.
  8. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All, booked the Tjet dynamic :) sun beam gold. 25k cash discount including 3 accessories, mud flap, car cover and mats. Delivery in two weeks. Thanks all for the advice. The speakers in the car is not that great should I need to change it. Any good speakers I can fit without using amps?
    Raj_pol, Ravi and prabhjot like this.
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First of all, Congrats on your jet beauty :cool:.

For good ICE, there is a guy in Chennai from Power zone called Saravanan. If you are a music enthusiast, he is the right guy for you, very knowledgeable and professional. Talk to him and get an appointment in advance, you cannot walk in directly.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi man, great stuff, congrats on your MOST discerning taste sir! You'd have had to spend 15 lakhs+ before you got a turbocharged car that was as good (octavia).

In the broad family there is currently a Civic and a much loved 2010 Linea Fire too. BUT everyone in the family finds the new T-jet sunbeam gold i got at launch to be simply a clear head and a full shoulder ahead of those cars, for interior design, nvh, tyres, brakes and of course the engine. In the Civic's case, in ride, handling and steering too.

cheers