1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Very true. Both these cars have toned down their engines from 1.6 to 1.5. What is FIAT waiting for.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

That is the eternal question!
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Fiat is waiting for nothing so much as economic viability of introducing the bigger mjd, since chances are that even with a bigger engine sales will remain weak.

And that is because, or so I am convinced, sedan buyers in this segment are not buying Linea-s not because the engine options are poor but for reasons of brand-discounting (ASS is still percieved as poor, Fiat is still associated with cheap Premier Padminis, Unos, Palios and even Puntos, etc).

And so I fully support Fiat's emphasis (such as. if that is what, it is) on the Punto Evo and especially the Avventura, for the next year and a half, till all-new products start coming in early 2016.

They could, though, enhance Linea diesel sales a bit by introducing the Dualogic AMT that is going with the same engine on the Tata Zest? And some targetted advertising of the t-jet's efficient potency and the mjd's efficiency, maybe? Hire, say Rahul Dravid as Linea brand ambassador? He should be affordable enough by now, no? :)
    nbvcrao likes this.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kailasmenon2000, good point to be noted. But this might not be the same if MJD comes in 1.5 or 1.6 guise.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2014 ---
    I read the review in the link shared (indiancarandbikes.in). It was stated that the "USB and Aux had been moved to a more sensible position than having it inside the glove box".

I do not think I agree with this. After seeing the new place where the USB and AUX are place, I felt it was safe inside the glove box. The current position has a lot of risk of the hand hitting the USB or AUX device while moving the had to and from the steering. ANy big impact might damage the ports usable. Just my opinion.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I really respect Rahul Dravid as a sportsman but arent you again perpetuating the brand story ? I mean, Dravid was so much FIAT India in contrast to a Tendulkar's Honda (all Indian products) , for example.
    And to ask him to represent TJet is akin to him endorsing his ODI/T20 record, for which he is really not renowned !
  6. SANTOSH SINGH

SANTOSH SINGH Timido

PANIPAT
    I want to install GPS system in my newly purchased fiat linea, which one fiat enthusiasts recommend, and does it alter the warranty condition .Please share MY CAR REGISTRATION NO IS HR*******5
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well they do want to frame the Linea as a thinking gentleman-driver's car. Rahul Dravid is the only such well-known Indian cricketer, i am afraid, and of course thinking Bollywood or television actors don't exist either. ;-)

But seriously: I don't see Fiat wasting scarce marketing resources on celebrity sponsors for the Linea, or peddling it particularly hard/aggressively. I suspect the marketing focus will be on the Evo and esp the Avventura, for quite a while now..
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Well, why do you have to share your car registration for this query ? This is'nt an Official Fiat India forum, sir! You may want to look up Fiat India's website for that. This is, however, the de-facto Fiat India's enthusiasts forum, which you are most welcome to participate in.

EDIT - Edited Registration Number.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Ravi and prabhjot like this.
  9. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I am also interested to know what navigation device our Fiat enthusiasts recommend...
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.