1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    What is the colour of the Linea used in this test drive and review.? Is it minimal grey or sunbeam gold? By the way what do you think is the best colour on linea with respect to looks and ease of maintainence.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The car in the review is the new biege color/sunbeam gold. Color is a personal choice. However, my personal order of preference would be

1. Pearl White
    2. Medium Grey
    3. Sunbeam Gold
    4. Hip hop Black
    5. Tuscan Wine
    6. Minimal Grey
    zenwalker and drsantoshms like this.
  3. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

MH12
    ^so I'm not alone in placing T.Wine low. It's a pity they don't offer the fantastic Bronzo Scuro, that's the color I first saw a Linea , and a TJet for that matter, up close first time and loved it instantly. The Oceanic Blue was very nice too, and sadly again discontinued, as is the Foxtrot Azure I have.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I have the sunbeam gold: it is a beautifuly ambiguous colour that changes depending on light conditions, sometimes looking golden, sometimes grey-ish, and often beige-ish.

The only thing to ponder over as far colours go, apart from just personal likes, is the chrome detailing on both the front and rear bumper: they do contrast much better with the darker body colours, i feel. Of course, dust and mud shows up more too.

Can I just say, as a joke of course: it is time to just do it, and decide to follow your desire, man! Over-Analysis can kill the pleasure of the desire, and of its fulfillment. ;-) Especially when it comes to buying such desirable things as Italian cars. ;-)

cheers
  5. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot
    @nkrishnap

For the test ride, dealer got brand new Sunbeam gold and in the evening sun it was looking stunning to say the least. However I went for Grey as it appeared more mature and I am happy with the decision :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @turborider Which grey? Minimal grey or magnesia grey... My preference is
    1. New pearl white
    2. Sunbeam gold
    3. Magnesia grey
    I feel sunbeam gold is good balance between looks, maintenance and heating problems. The way colour changes according to light adds to the beauty. It adds to the mystic factors in Fiat cars. But I miss fox trot azure
    @prabhjot Buddy I searched for your ownership review but couldn't find. Surprise you don't have a ownership review. When can I see your ride?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ah my ride is just your generic, i.e., beautiful, solid, plush riding, taut handling, turbospooled etcetera etcetera new Linea. ;-)

Have had it just 4-5 months. Not a single thing to report as even a murmur of a hint of an issue. The car is enjoyed more by the driver than me: he is rapidly turning into a Fiat aficionado! He prefers the front styling of the Evo, btw. ;-)
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Should I need to go and buy the New Linea or wait for 1.5 to arrive or wait till Grand Siena to be launched? No issues to wait as the present GP emotion pack is there till next car.

9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well, the Grand Sienna will come only towards end-2016, maybe even only in 2017. Jump on a new Linea, if it is relaunched with the bigger mjd next year. Although: I'd sure be tempted by the Avventura right now, if I were you! ;-) Also a Fiat B-SUV, in early 2016, is near certain, with the 1.5/1.6 mjd.

cheers
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I must say then that Pune's traffic density is on the high side. Especially Hinjewadi:mad: