1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @pabhishek
    OMG..Are the mileage figures true? I am quite impressed. As such I am a sedate driver loves leisure driving rather than racing. But I should have enough power to overtake heavy vehicles on highways. What mileage you get in city if you drive it smart?
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Inspite of my recent rants on Fiat as a brand, I would urge you to buy the TJet if you have already decided on Fiat. And then join the list of lamenters like me :pwho wish well for their cars..
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Its cent percent true.
    Power!! Tjet has loads of it,, You will never be deprived of the same.
    In city with moderate to high traffic, and mixed A/c usage(50:50), my Jet gives me an average of around 12kmpl.
    And as per me, these are damn good with 205 section tyres and 1.25 ton weight.
    turborider and prabhjot like this.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    1. The lights and their alignment on the Linea are pretty good as they are. I thought of changing them after I was used to the HID's + projector setup on my earlier Civic but I was happy the way they are and did not bother even changing the bulbs. You can change the bulbs after buying the car if you find them not to your liking.

2. Navigation and rear view camera can always be added later. I got the camera and parking sensors for my tjet and find it pretty convenient.

3. Turning radius you will get used to over a period of time. You will have to be careful initially as you are used to a hatch.

4. Rear seat legroom is cramped but not that important to make it a deciding factor. The seating position is very comfortable.

5. Mileage not at all important when you are buying a Tjet :D!

6. Storage space is sufficient but lack of a proper sized bottle holder is a big irritant! I don't know about the face lifted Linea, though.
    Tornado, prabhjot and drsantoshms like this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The new Linea now does indeed come with a big, well located 1 litre bottle holder.

The beautiful thing about the T-jet is not so much the lowend torque, the wide power band, and the fewer gear shifts required but more its flexibility: for cities and highways, it can be driven coyly for excellent mileage or more brashly without totally ruining fuel economy figures.

I like the 75 hp mjd on our punto, but driving my new t-jet is joyful every time other than bumper-to-bumper traffic conditions. When you encounter these, you tend to get more frustrated than on other cars (for obvious reasons). ;-)
    drsantoshms likes this.
  6. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot
    Buddy, by your comments you are infusing desire in me to buy T-JET to a point of no return.
    @5u3zEr0
    Thanx for your point to point replies.
  7. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @pabhishek
    OMG..Are the mileage figures true? But I should have enough power to overtake heavy vehicles on highways. What mileage you get in city if you drive it smart?

I am not sure if we can really drive TJet on cruise control, don't get me wrong TJet does have a Cruise Control feature and it works. But most probably we all are driving TJet because we love pressing the pedal, holding the steering and listening the growling sound of engine. These three put together creates a symphony. With cruise control TJet will return better mileage but right now I am enjoying too much to bother about mileage.
    drsantoshms, prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  8. drsantoshms

drsantoshms Amatore

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    We are all talking about the built quality of Fiat cars. They really look solid and doors do close with assuring thud. But is there any proof for tank like built quality of Fiat Linea? Is there any approved crash test conducted on Indian manufactured Fiat Linea? Seniors, please share any related information. Thanks in advance.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Have driven a Punto in the UK, and i can tell you that the Indian Punto (Evo) and Linea feel in every way the same, when it comes to solidity, build and ride quality. The Punto is euro NCAP rated five stars.

Also: remember build solidity is invaluable for safety of course, all else (crumple zone design etc) being equal, but even more for repair-ability.

We've (my immediate family and I) have had bad scrapes and 'accidents' of significant severity on my older now sold Palio, and on our Punto Active and the 2010 Linea Emotion. The cars came through them easily and were repaired easily and, i believe, very/surprisingly cheaply.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

As the moderator of another prominent car forum quipped about the T-Jet: "Don’t fret over the fuel economy, there’s more to life than kpl. Take the wife for a dinner less or something. ":D