1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks brother!! :) . I am sure because FIAT always advertised it. Auto Headlamp & Rain Sensor were introduced in all linea models. I doubt I will be wrong into this(Or did they removed silently in 2013 relaunch. Other active owners can confirm).
    Yes, Its confusing as they havent given any extra mode for wipers as in Auto headlamps.
    To check whether your jet has the same, please look closely in your windscreen from outside, are there 2-3 dots present in upper center part? Will click image from mine and will upload tomorrow, incase your are not able to find it.

Regarding setting its in the same menu, where you can find settings for display of avg, units, speedlimit beep, door autoclose,etc . in short - "My Car" menu.
  2. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    Just ran down to the parking lot to check and i think i can see what i think is the sensor :p shall wait for your pic to confirm.

And regarding the menu, when i cycle through the menu all i get are speed limit, time, buzzer and units. That's all. None of the door auto close, rain sensor sensitivity etc etc.

Your patience in dealing with this fiat noob is appreciated :grin:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry for the late reply buddy, This is what i was talking about..

photo.JPG

The white dots are sensors.
  4. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    So have two bad news to share -
    1. A lady driving Civic nudged me from left, was fearing for the worse (A big dent going from my earlier experience) as had felt a jolt inside the car. Got out and saw a minor scratch on above rear wheel arch. Left the scene without uttering a word as was getting let for Son's doctor appointment though from corner of my eye saw lady and her husband saying something with their window rolled up :(
    2. This Sunday found one of the cylinder supporting opening/closing of boot is dislodged from the base and hanging from boot. Tried to fix it but seems cylinder (is in open position and piston seems stuck) has gone kaput. Will have to visit service station.
    Question to experts -
    1. If I opt for paint sealant treatment; will it take care of scratch as I can't see the metal but white paint peeping
    2. Shall I approach local garage to fix cylinder, is it advisable? I have to drive 20km to get to a FIAT Service Station.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I faced same issue with one cylinder and it is replaced under warranty by pandit auto pune.
    So suggesting to visit FASS.
    turborider likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats bad turborider, :( . As far as I understood cylinder means hydraulic struts. it would be better to show it to FASS, related to scratch ; post pics.
    turborider likes this.
  7. Amazing review. Despite so many features, the car just doesn't sell? FIAT, where is the 1.6 LITRE MJD? where is the space? Just the changed dashboard and few other reinforcements are not enough. Why are you not sensitive to the requirements of this market?
  8. bediman

bediman Timido

But the Verna sells even though it has a terrible rear bench (comfort and space). And if the brilliant T-jet, a car that offers D-segment levels of drive quality and feel at C-segment prices : i.e., FREE value of 3to5 lakh rupees, does not sell much why will the big MJD fare any better? Poor sales are just because even Fiat fans are too-risk-averse to trust the dealers and ASS, despite all the improvements since Fiat split its sales and ASS from Tata. Changing the ASS reputation will only happen incrementally, over time: engines aren't the problem.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Another case in point for the just discussed CCI case against Car makers @bediman. Look at this non-competitive "Jayega Kaha, Yahi Par Ayega" (cant go anywhere, we are alpha and omega) attitude of SCs towards customers all over India. You rightly said engines aren't the problem. I refuse to accept that most cars are troublesome after specific kms as a thumb rule. These corporates don't want to commit to spares and service support via any external help. Kind of non-proliferation of spare, service and after-market solutions. Give them the necessary tools and spares and they will learn and serve customers, they don't want outsiders to learn or earn. Maximize profits, let customer suffer if he cannot afford our dictated rates.
    bediman likes this.
  10. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally visited the Torrid Fiat workshop last Saturday - List of complaints and their response:
    1. Strut had come out from boot - Agreed to replace under warranty.
    2. Was getting hammering noise (kat kat kat) while driving on uneven roads (even slight unevenness produced sound) from front left side- I guessed that bush on the front left suspension might went kaput. They have agreed to check and fix it FoC
    3. Had couple of dent marks ( they called it pebble dents and was there since I did the PDI in their yard), and they had agreed to remove it when the car visits the workshop - Agreed to remove the dents and paint the affected panels

So they have kept the vehicle for two days and expected to return today evening. I hope they keep their promise as I found them wanted in dealing. I have not received any confirmation/updates from service/body shop manager and when called them they didn't pick up the call. Hope their workmanship is better than their etiquettes.

Have completed ~2000 km in 7 weeks and I am loving every moment of it. My wife always gives me a puzzled look as I am grinning ear to ear after taking every twists/turns on those wonderful Ghodbunder road / Nashik Ex Way/ Pune Ex Way.
    Another change is - I have started looking for dhabas/eateries existing outside Mumbai and driving there for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Some of the places I been to just for food are Lonavala (twice - breakfast)/Lavasa (once - lunch)/Igatpuri (once -lunch)/Manor (once - lunch). I am loving this car and recommending it to everyone who loves driving and can put up with not so good A.S.S.

My XUV is not happy with me so gave her a wax coating this weekend when Linea is away.

Who ever asks for opinion on C segment I end up promoting Linea T Jet. FIAT needs to pay me some money for doing so much to increase their sales :)
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.