1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is the wiper set to auto mode? The manual mode does not speed up automatically AFAIK.
  2. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    Not sure if it's on Auto mode. I have 3 settings on the stalk. Intermittent, Medium and High. And of course Off :p

When i keep it on intermittent it goes ballistic :p
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    In the manual modes, the intermittent mode u are referring to is actually a tad bit slow in my car and it does not swipe faster on increase in speed.
  4. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    That's what it says in the manual though :(

"With the ring in "intermittent" position the windscreenwiper will automatically adapt to
    the speed of the car.

So you can imagine my irritation when all i want is the wiper to be actually wiping slowly but instead it goes fast when there is no need for it. I mean if i wanted faster speeds i could just change the mode :p
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey buddy,, It seems you are mistaken a bit here. Its not per speed of the care but the speed/intensity of rain.

Go in my car settings and adjust the sensitivity as per your liking. Frequency of wiper operation is in line with the requirement most of the time in my Jet.

For me, I have kept it at 1, i.e. least sensitive and it just works perfect 90% of the time.
    3 people like this.
  6. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    I wish it was. Then it would have been nice. But what i said was taken from the manual only and that's how it is in my car. There is no change in intensity of rain but the wiper goes faster as i start accelerating.

Regarding the sensitivity setting, please note that i have a Active version and as such in the setup menu, the options that i have are Speed limit, Time, Buzzer, Units. Where do i change the wiper setting? Oh and the manual i got with the car was the pre-facelift manual.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Mine too, is pre-facelift one. and Auto head lamps and Wipers are irrespective of the trims, i.e. they are available in all(Active,dynamic,emotion).
    There is simply no sense in increasing wiper speed as per the speed of the car. What purpose will it solve :)
    Regarding settings, yes, the ones you are quoted, check if you can see Rain sensor option.
    I will check my manual and see whats written there and then upload here the image. check if you too, can upload the image here directly.
  8. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    wiper.jpg

Have attached the screenshot from the manual.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  10. deathwalkr

deathwalkr

Trivandrum
    @Abhishek: Thanks :) But am at a loss on where to find the setting for the sensor. I just have the option given on page 20 and not like the ones given on page 25. Sigh wish they had just given an extra mode called auto instead of linking it with the intermittent mode :p

Edit: also are you certain that the active variant comes with the rain sensor? you have been more helpful than the local fiat dealer ;)
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.