1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow,simply Stunning & Awesome:up
    looks like Stelllar,seeing new Linea first time in black & she looks Brilliant in Hip Hop Black with chrome work looking even more eye catchy,more pics from all angles plz with a detailed buying,dealership & ownership review
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many many congratulations Excelerate !!! How i love that color and wish at times i could have also taken it if not for the black Fabia i already had. Now keep her looking shiny like that!!
  3. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you folks and yes she is a beauty and in black appears majestic. I would need your ideas on how to maintain the shine forever :p.

Will try and put a buying dealership and initial owning review with some pictures. To Quote, i am impressed with the write up that "Puchoo" has put in for his jet and will try to follow your shoes.. IMAG0025.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Tip One : Wax On - Wax Off. ::D
    Use Meguiars for professional results and paint protection.

The black looks superb, and I must say this is the first time I have liked the facelift and chrome combination so much. Goes pretty well with each other.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Dont ever hire a car cleaning guy!! :D , but seriously leading cause of scratches are these guys.

6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 Cent, Puchoo is absolutely right in this matter...... They are majorly source of those swirl marks which make paint dull over period of time.

I already experienced this.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats. Surely black needs high maintenance. Collinite or Meguire should do wonderful jobs in keeping her shiny.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Excelerate congratulations my friend and I am looking forward to meet you in TFI meets in Pune :up
  9. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks KB, how are these meets planned?
  10. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Please review the ICE of Linea Facelift ... Or do we need a new thread for that ?

Last week I got chance to try the new Linea, Driving quality wise there was no compromise and almost no complaint... The craziest drive I have ever done... NH-4, almost empty, with no time limit, dragging to 160-170 km/h... it's not only touching that speed, but maintaining that for more than 30 sec ... sprints between trucks or slow vehicles ... all confidence came from the great steering support and power ... One word, "class of driving with comfort"... I was speechless when the car was reacting during the sprints... A fabulous experience ...

Only two things bothered me little bit.
    One is the suspension, during the ups and downs on the smooth road (specially joint zone of any flyover) the car was trying to jump a lot, I'm not sure about that particular car, even I didn't felt with my own Punto at such speed.
    Second, I would rather complain, is about the ICE, the sound quality is worse than the old 2013-2014 models, not sure what they did with speakers. O tried a lot to configure the equalizer to pull out the good sound, as I was confident about the old model was having good speakers, atleast better than this one. But no hope. I can't understand how much would cost to put 4 good speakers on a 11lkh car, it was also told that the HU is good just need to change the speakers. But why? Only 4 speakers? On top of that everything is fully loaded, what blocked Fiat to give the Bluetooth media streaming, it's just another version of the firmware. (If we are getting the exact HU, which are installed in European Fiat cars)...

Hope FIAT re-thinks on some of this small matters and update as required... being a FIAT enthusiast I will try to save my brand from negative markings...
    Tornado and mnranjeeth like this.