1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. joinakhil

joinakhil

New Delhi
    Yeah, though I must admit that the car feels a bit underpowered in lower gears but 3rd gears onwards you dont feel that lag much.

Moreover, I am not a person who likes to press the paddle hard so that doesn't bother me. The ride quality, driveability with good fuel economy is what I was looking for and Linea MJD exceeds my expectation in those areas.

BTW, congrats for your Tjet, its a wonderful engine in all sense. I took its test drive and it was just awesome. The engine was highly responsive and eager to revv hard. Had it not been the FE and < 1L price difference, I would have gone for it.

How much is the FE for your Tjet?
    3 people like this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Today I saw first Facelifted Linea on Road (Last one was seen at FASS only). It looks Smashing and road presence is intact as ever!
    Wondering why it is not selling good, it's still easily by far, best looking car.

Only saw New Linea's in White colour only. The other colours like Tucson wine.... or even Black would look smashing with all that handsome chrome job.
    Hope to see one soon, New Linea T_jet is an absolute loot at it's price... Ahhh you dumb Indians (Baaa Baaaa Sheep) and your Honda AMAZE-ment full of Plastic and **** :p
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I had the same above feeling :p.The city is full of New City,Amaze and Grand i10. I am even yet to see a non grey colour new Linea in person. Ahh ,where are you mr.new Linea ::O.

OT: The tuscan wine!!! new city looks great though and my friend commented last weekend that it is better than my TW Linea :( (Those sharp lines mesmerized him)
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Thanks man. The fuel economy is around 10.5 to 11+, AC always on at 22c, Delhi-Gurgaon traffic. No open highway runs yet, but the t-jet on NH8 at night is fun, not that i am given to speed-mad auto-hooliganism, which btw the t-jet makes too easy!
  5. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All,
    Recieved a call today from the SA that the car has arrived in the yard. will be going to have an inspection tomorrow and make the payment. Hopefully will take the delivery in the mid of next week after all RTO formalities are done. I am going for self purchase of insurance policy, any inputs are most welcome.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. mandarm

mandarm Timido

Uran
    Uran - Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gr8 car but Fiat is still lagging in sales as compared to others. I guess they are not able to market this gr8 product in India
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Fiat sales have been growing well for the last 5-6 months. It is still early days since Fiat 'made the move' to independent sales and service. Their marketing and advertising has improved too. More to be done by them, though.

IMO: the truth is most car-buyers in these segments are poorly informed, first or second-time car buyers who are excessively risk-averse, and so prefer going with the dominant market choice..

If it were only Fiat's fault, then how would you explain the market's refusal to accept Nissan, Renault (other than Duster), Skoda, VW (sales way below targets), Chevrolet and even Ford (other than Ecosport)?

This is the world's hardest market to crack, Fiat's doing OK of late, they'll have to keep at it till Jeep comes next year, that will boost their profits.
  8. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    IMAG0024.jpg I hereby announce the arrival of my personal jet. yipee..
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Dr. Fixated, Tornado, royj and 16 others like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome.. Awesome..Awesome.. Please start a detailed ownership review and we wont complain with a lot of pictures!! :)

Congratulations!!!!
  10. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Wow what a beauty :up :wow:clappingMore pics in all possible angles please. Seeing New linea for the first time in black. :D
    1 person likes this.