1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Gaurav, I own a New Linea Dynamic T-Jet. I did not find any push lever under LINEA emblem. Might be provided in Emotion variant. But felt sad to see no provision to open the boot with key :(
  2. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Yes Kiran, i have fell in love with her(Fiat Punto) after the TD. Thanks you so much for your reply will check out the article as you advised.

Regards
    Karthick.
  3. Karthick

Karthick Timido

Chennai
    Hi Kiran,

Is it possible to view our car from Garage before deliver?
  4. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Yes, you should be able to check before delivery and do a TD, call the Sales guy and ask him
  5. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All,

I am a newbie, was doing some research on the the Tjet, when first chanced upon Team-fiat. Excellent information that has helped me in almost finalizing the New 2014 Tjet emotion. I took a test drive and was thrilled, tjet is a beast. However, few concerns still remain: I would be happy if you guys can help clarify those doubts:
    1) Does the Emotion variant feature the rear spoiler as Standard or as an accessory?
    2) Can anyone share if he has purchased new 2014 tjet recently and have been offered any discounts?
    3) What is the fuel efficiency that i can expect out of Tjet? My routine driving would be city in moderate to high traffic and once in a month long trip.

Thanks in advance for the your help.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Welcome to TFI and this is a great choice.It is really a BIG thing to choose a FIAT Petrol Sedan when the herd goes behind Honda Petrol :p. I will try to answer to the best I know.

1)I believe the spoiler is an additional thing and does not come as standard.To me ,FIAT Linea is a classic sedan and looks better without spoiler only.
    2)We have only MJD :)....So I cant answer for this.
    3)As you have already said ,this is a beast and will not return mileage like 17 plus or so because you will not drive to extract mileage from TJET ! Within City limits anything from 8 to 12,13 and in highways if you drive within 2000 rpm (80,90 Km/hr) ,you will get even 18 but you wont get it since nobody can drive this machine in that manner!

Since you are already thrilled with that machine ,I guess YOU would get around 9 or 10 within city and around 14,15 in highways.This car is ONLY for enthusiasts and not for MILEAGE heads and this is one of the reasons it is freaking awesome but does not sell well [Courtesy-MileageIndia :D ]
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi. I am new to teamfiat too, but having recently purchased a sunbeam gold new Linea T-jet Emotion, I can say:

(a) the car's clearly worth, by the standards of the Indian car market, MANY lakhs more than the 9.xx lakh on road Haryana I paid. It has show, go, comfort, safety, build quality, equipment and now also fit-finish.

(b) i still have a 2010 fiat Linea 1.4 fire petrol, and have found the car to be very reliable, and fiat to be responsive on warranty and other issues.

(c) some new dealers and ASS set-ups are still not quite adequate, while others are good. Spares availability is no longer an issue.

(d) being a new car, there are no discounts on the new Linea from fiat, but you can always hope to extract dealer discounts and accessories, not to excess though.

(e) the car looks fab, even with its 190mm GC, because of its huge wide Goodyear NCT5 tyres and class-best alloys. Who needs a spoiler?! (it is an accessory)

(f) as bharath just said: it depends on how you synchronize your driving (revving+ gear shifting) with the rhythm of the turbo boost. I am getting more than 10 km/l. But I'll disagree with bharath on the point about this car being for speed-seekers alone. Far from it, the beauty of the engine is that it is flexible, without much turbolag. So, it is just as happy returning 12 km/l in the city, with A/C on as it is returning 15-17 km/l on open highways, provided you figure out the right driving style for this engine to suit your priorities (mileage v/s torque-power equation)

(g) there are several dealers in pune. who are you speaking to? I don't live there but from what i hear and read here on teamfiat and elsewhere, they're pretty alright. My local dealer+FASS is very average.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I should have said it is more suited for the enthusiasts ;-).As said above,Tjet is more about thrill and race car on normal roads than for mileage..I wish new punto should have Tjet engine so that the missed out people like me could try the next time.
  9. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Bharath and Prabhjot,

While it will not be appropriate to expect 15 KM/L, but i am still looking atleast at 10 Km/L in city runs and no less.
    I have managed to get a discount of almost 30,000 INR from Pandit auto, Pune. I think is a good deal, any suggestions?
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Take plunge with your eyes closed excelerate!! You will not regret it!! Its a show stopper wherever you go; be it office, mall, highways,etc..

Latest comment which I heard from a colleague who sat in my car while our recent team outing was "it kinda feels like sitting in a BMW!" :)
    3 people like this.