1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ganges,
    Anything more customization or fancy you would want to have on the car sure shall increase a bit of complexity in its design and cost factor as well. And more over how often do you have to use this child lock feature or other way put around, how many customers say in 1000 will be using it full fledged. Hardly few.
  2. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Is there an option to turn off the orange light strip on the dashboard? :confused:
    However cool and beautiful it might look, there would be those times where the driver or the front passenger might find it a little irritating at night. :-D
    Would there be some option in the "My Car" menus to turn it off?
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I haven't seen an electronically operated child lock so far,manufacturers don't offer if probably to keep the costs down
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    As per the research done, a human might find something (light in this case) irritating if its hitting his/her eyes hard or blocking his vision some how by not giving away a clear vision. In this case, FIAT has done a good job. Saw the light in the night during TD, i did not even notice it was there at all. The light is there but very low intensity.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Stupendous job Krishna. The way you compiled the whole review shows your passion towards attention to detail. No wonder that your Linea is always gleaming.

As everyone have said, this is the best online review so far for the new Linea and also the best so far from all the reviews/ownership reports on TFI. A big thanks to you for spending your valuable time and give us this master piece. I am actually falling short of adjectives.

I don't see a need to go to a showroom and check the car, except for seeing it in flesh. I am waiting for the future launches from Fiat, of Avventura and Abarth so that I will get a virtual TD from your reviews.

BTW, this is the first thread that I have rated so far and its a well deserved 5 Stars. :up
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, new Linea looks better than Pics, in flesh.
    Bit Avventura looks better in Pics, than in flesh :).
    Tornado and mnranjeeth like this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I heard the same from Suman, but I'll have to wait for another 3 months until I can see it in flesh. Probably Fiat might release the FL Punto aswell by that time and I can have a great treat to the eyes watching both the refreshed models from Fiat at one place.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hope soon some Auto magazine hire krishna part time or buy out his articles ;) Good luck with it mate...
  9. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    YES, What Fiat Need is 1.5 MJD, The performance would almost remain intact by this small reduction. If Fiat India is keen in setting-up the manufacturing for next bigger MJD, they should do 1.5Ltr. (Juvenile Tax rule would not change for some time I think).

Also a dynamic Engine management system, (STANDARD, DYNAMIC & SPORTS mode selection). :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    yes i always had that doubt running in my mind why no manufacturer is going for a 1.4 or 1.5 lt diesel engine rather 1.6? I am sure there is some rule or mech theory behind this reason.