1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by nkrishnap, Feb 24, 2014.

1. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Don't shoot the messenger buddy!! :D ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  2. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The entire operation of unlocking and opening the door occurs in one stage, you pull the lever fully and in one go the door unlocks and open. if you pull the lever to mid way position, it just unlocks. Every time we can't have the control to pull it gently only till mid-way. Ideally it should be two staged, first stage you pull the lever fully, the door unlocks and the lever goes back to its original position and you pull the lever again(2nd stage), then the door should open. Hope I am able to convey the point

- - - Merged Post - - -

The entire operation of unlocking and opening the door occurs in one stage, you pull the lever fully and in one go the door unlocks and open. if you pull the lever to mid way position, it just unlocks. Every time we can't have the control to pull it gently only till mid-way. Ideally it should be two staged, first stage you pull the lever fully, the door unlocks and the lever goes back to its original position and you pull the lever again(2nd stage), then the door should open. Hope I am able to convey the point

- - - Merged Post - - -

- - - Merged Post - - -

Exactly the point i was trying to put across. thanks sine04
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh no, i wasnt. Just making a statement that is all ;)

Do not recall any of these cars supporting this typo, but again there are many other customers who feel this as a irritating feature or the cost might increase too. For that i guess rear doors are equipped with child lock feature. Perhaps you can use that as a viable option?
  4. ajith862

ajith862 Timido

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gr8 Job, Superb Review ...Prasad..:up
  5. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    thanks zenwalker for the reply. As you said,though little cumbersome, I have been child locking both the rear doors whenever i am on a long drive with kids
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Incredible review Krishna. The interior fit and finish certainly seems generations ahead compared to the old car.

I wish they had considered and 1.6 MJD or come up with 1.5 MJD for India to take advantage of the excise duty cut.

Since the interior was completely revamped, they could have plonked in the touch screen navigation with bluetooth connectivity.
  7. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Great and detailed review!
    One more thing to add in the comparison, is FIAT :clappinghas considered the indian roads condition and improved upon the GC for the car from previous models, which, other manufacturers are not considering :confused:!
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had experienced the lever behaviour the way it is during the night , i have to pull the car left from top speed to zero to get down and close the door.Thanks to the alarming beep.
    Any idea why child lock is provided mechanically and not electronically like the way we have master power window button at the driver side.
  9. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Amazing, interesting, inspiring and tempting review Krishna. Anyone reading the detailed and crispy review would love to find their way to Fiat showroom to own one. No mag has reviewed to the minute detail which you have done with interesting text and pictures. The old Linea definitely looks really good especially the White Linea in the pics.

Hope Fiat India has gone through the review to understand the love of fellow Fiatians love towards their cars.

Let us all hope Fiat India would listen to Fiatians heart beat for 1.6mjd.