1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another Linea review, why Linea is ahead of all its competitors !!
    3 people like this.
  2. Ragu

Ragu

Bangalore
    Tornado likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ragu

Ragu

Bangalore
    Was browsing the threads of Linea Tjet mileage figures and if driven sedately (80-100), it gives mileage upto 18 kmpl :eek: . Even if i get, 14,15 that would be sufficient. And the cruise control will help further to acheive the mileage even if used less frequently.

I'm buying a car mainly for highway drives (In an year, two trips to Nagercoil, twice to Trichy, Attending family functions and 1 or 2 trips touring around south India) and hardly any city drives. Let's say 8000 kms/ year approximately.

Even if Diesel, petrol prices come close, Diesel was my choice as it gives more mileage than petrol. Now, thinking of Tjet or MJD.

Kailas, about the leg room. We are comparing it with Rapid and hence the trouble.
    Is there any way to create more leg room in Linea (By changing seats, relclining angle, etc) :confused:

I save around 80,000 rupess by going for Tjet. But is it a wise choice or better to stay with MJD.

Tjet or MJD :confused: . Based on your inputs, will be finalising the deal :)
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    My opinion is to go with MJD. Coz in any condition it'll give a mileage of 16-17km/l...I drive at 120-140km/hr in highways & it has never gone below 16km/l.. But if you keep 80-100km/hr you'll get 20+ for sure..I would tell you to stick with MJD if you are not too much bothered about the turbo lag. Because once you have a diesel car, you feel like traveling more. 8000 will turn to 10000 for sure :) Max I got once was 26km/l... here is the pic..

26km:l.jpg
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    While consider the rear space of vento and rapid, make sure to check out the hump at the centre. Do note the size of the seats of Linea. IMHO, that is also a major reason why the leg room is less.
    One more area where I think linea scores is the AC.
    Linea is definitely a better buy than vento/rapid if power in the diesel engine is something you can live with in the Linea.
    Just my 2 cents.
    2 people like this.
  7. Ragu

Ragu

Bangalore
    Booked 1.3 MJD Magnesio Grey on 1'st April. Expecting delivery by this weekend. :)

Thanks kailas and all for the valuable inputs.

Got decent discounts but only oral confirmation as of now. Hope there will not be any issues in getting them.
    3 people like this.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congratulations! :)

Its always better, and safer, if you get every assured and promised bits in writing, preferably on their letter head. If all goes well and the dealer sticks to his words, its well and good. But usually most dealers are notoriously infamous for back tracking and twisting words as soon as you commit. Getting things in writing will serve as an insurance and help avoid any bitter experiences that may arise on a later date.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Congrats Ragu :) Thats a great news :)
  10. vinisini

vinisini

Bangalore
    Hello Raghu congratulations on your booking. I am also from Bangalore and following every line of new Linea thread like anything .
    I am also planning to book new linea. Could you give the approx. figure (if you don't mind sharing it) as how much discount you got.
    As when I asked they were like not giving any discount as such and after much discussion they agreed to give somewhere around 20k on new linea emo pack (corporate discount 6k + dealer discount 12k + free standard fitting worth 2k). However I am planning to buy in month of June due to personal priorities. Do you think I should wait to expect some discount on new model. Also which dealer you approached for the same.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014