1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

Already my Linea elegante covered 1700KMs :happy: in exactly 7 days of my ownereship. Have done a trip from Hosur to ernakulam and back. One word to explain my feeling is awesome. Never felt tired after driving for 9 Hours with sufficient breaks. Car behaved very well on bad patches. Really enjoyed every moment. Have touched 110KMH in one or two places. But constant speed was 90KMPH. One annoying thing was turbo lag. As Turbothinghy mentioned, i have given linear acceleration. One things observed, getting a humming sound post 1.5K rpm until it reaches 1.8k rpm. Post to that it is nothing. Also from 90KMPH to 95 KMPH, i was feeling like engine is working hard. Is this behavior is normal. Please assist.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    You may observe this in the initial period when the engine is new, let say upto 5000 kms or so. But not afterwards.
  3. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot Vinit
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    @subhash_chellam I'm facing it too, the car has just ran 1200km, struggles from 90 to 130. Linea 1.3 Emotion
    subhash_chellam likes this.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    An input in the form of TD experience of my colleague:

This young colleague owns a Santro since 2006 and loves driving to nearby places. He noted that Santro doesn't give him confidence on highways, though it is quite easy to drive and convenient. So, he is looking to exchange it with a sedan - a proper sedan (his words), not the compact one. He did some survey and realized that FIAT Linea Elegante is the one he wants, but came to me asking my feedback and about the FASS. He has been eyeing my Emotion mjd for pst 3.5 years and appreciated my long tours to south.

I gave him the gist of my experience with the car and the FASS (not bad), the status of FIAT and the public opinion as well as the views of our forum members. He commented that he likes Hyundei cars, but he doesn't like Verna at all and also doesn't like MS cars. I explained him about HPS of FIAT and TATA cars and suggested that if not FIAT, he may go for TATA. He shared his wife's comment - Verna is Priyanka Chopra, but Linea is Madhuri Dixit, classic in all sense.

He has converged onto Ciaz (petrol) and Linea Elegante (Diesel). He tried booking a TD on FIAT website, but it didn't show Indore as an option, but only Bhopal - that was funny. Then I called the Sales person who handled my Linea purchase. Against my suspicion, he is still with FIAT (Sanghi Bros, Indore). He told that there was some problem in the web-site and agreed to give a TD during the week-end (Jan 16-17). I offered a short run of my mjd to this colleagues on that evening (Jan 15). He handled the car well (considering he is driving Santro) and immediately appreciated the HPS feel over EPS. He liked the planted ride and pick-up.

During the week-end, he took TD of Linea Emotion mjd as well as Ciaz (I think petrol) for ~15 km distance. He liked Linea's drive, handling and breaking over Ciaz. Then came the sales & service issues - The sales person told that Elegante isn't available but only mjd Emotion is available that is costlier and without the special infotainment module. Only leather seats is the extra thing in Emotion. Another thing he has heard is that the dealership is going to close down in Indore!! What the hell! The sales person told that it is actually shifting to another place, but one never knows about FIAT.

What could I say? I told him that it is totally his call and if he feels right, he can take a plunge as few more of my colleagues have done in recent months here with FIAT and hope that he will have a good vehicle with trouble-free experience till he changes it again. My experience has been good so far.

Has any of you any info about the Sanghi dealership at Indore?
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If he has taken Ciaz petrol TD, why not T jet then?
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado, he has actually decided to go for diesel, if he gets Elegante, and he is convinced that FIAT is the best for diesel. But if not FIAT, he would go for petrol and there her prefers CIAZ.

How I wish I can get him authentic info about the Indore dealership. He also called FIAT about this and they checked and agreed about Indore missing from their site-list and told that this is a very important feedback for them. My colleagues is still waiting for call from the local dealer about availability of Elegante model. I have advised him to read / check about TJet also before deciding, but he is clear to go MS way if he goes for petrol. :(
  8. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado If it is petrol, ask him to checkout honda city too.. They offer good pertrol options with airbags in lower end model itself. He can always add a ICEs by investing another 30K
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

1. Famous left pull issue appeared in the car. It is very minor. FASS guys agreed to correct this.
    2. RPM and speed is not in sync. At 2000 rpm speed is around approx. 75KMPH and not 80KMPH. Tried in various conditions. It is not in sync. FASS CRM also agreed to that.
    3. Humming sound from 1500 RPM to 1800 RPM in 5th gear.
    4. In second gear, there is no brisk acceleration. Engine will make noise but there is no progress in speed.
    5. ICE remote is not working. Already ICE power switch started to show its age. Pathetic quality ICE (2 months old).
    Could any one please give me what could be issue.

Now. Story with FASS.
    FASS : True Sai - Salem

Story 1: True Sai organized a camp for FIAT cars in Hosur, True Sai - Tata dealership(where they have a workshop). I have reported the issues and they said they will check the same only if we bring the car to salem. Funny part, they didn't brought the Laptop to run the OBD scan and the came Only check ups and not for repairs. Good answer I got from them. Salem is 150 Kms from Hosur. But we know all these issues and still go ahead and bought the car.

Story 2: Got a call from CRM FASS regarding the remote issue. He asked me to check with the remote sensor which is present in the front roof lamp. I am confused. :meh:

Story 3: Informed them that I will be in FASS on coming Saturday to check the above mentioned issues. CRM informed me that they don't have laptop to do OBD scan. It will take another 15 days to get the laptop as it got corrupted it seems. Great service Fiat.

Which service center is best in Bangalore to rectify problem. Appreciate if you give any contacts. Two long trips on cards for me in FEB. Please help.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Recently drove the Maruti S Cross 1.6 Alpha. Immediately my mind started comparing it with my Linea 1.3 MJD. Few points are:

1. The car is absolutely sluggish till 2000 RPM and then it just jumps with a noticeable thud.
    2. Below 2000 RPM, I think Linea is better with the recent ECU re-map given by Fiat.
    3. I strongly felt that Linea and S Cross are neck to neck till 100 KMPH. After that its all S Cross. Immediately felt the difference in 1.3 and 1.6 :)
    4. Clutch was very hard compared to Linea.
    5. They say that it has all 4 disc breaks, didnt find them having enough "bite" as compared to Linea which doesnt have all 4 DBs. T Jet is even better.
    6. The car interior doesnt feel premium at all especially for a car with 14 Lakhs on road price tag.
    7. Interior space is better than Linea.
    8. Took a very sharp turn at considerable speed to see the handling capacity. Felt like the car will skid.
    Bottom line is : Apani wali hi achhi hai :)