1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Just curious..not sure how do I put it right.
    We all know Linea is a heavy car, the way it's built. We are all proud of it too. But I can really feel the body weight when I do slow speeds, uneven roads..
    it's not so nimble to amble around in slow speeds.

It's rock solid and a pleasure to drive in a highway!

Do you guys feel the same?

The thought came after I got a chance to drive different vehicles last week.
    - Chevy Cruze : It's quiet heavy too not to the likes to Linea though. But feels extremely nimble and agile to amble around
    - VW jetta - 2014 model. Heavy as linea..can feel the weight but the engine is extremely responsive which kind of neutralizes the heavy feel.

- New age XUV - A friend bought it, got a chance to take it for a spin - Again feels nimble in slow speeds..

Any thoughts..experiences..
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well, I drive Evo 90 HP and even though its almost 100 kgs lighter to its bigger sibling, its not very nimble in lower speeds which can be attributed to turbo lag. I think this is because of the small displacement of the engine (1.3) for a heavy car, coupled with the MJD gear ratios. Also, the tuning has been done in such a way that we are able to enjoy the mid-range and little top-end at the expense of the lower RPMs. Cruze, Jetta or even a Vento have bigger displacement engines, which does help in this front.

You can improve the low-end drivability by driving with a heavier foot as in general any car's performance depends a fair bit on the driving style owing to the newer gen ECUs that are adaptive to the driver's style of driving.

Having said that, the MJDs are very remap-friendly and a lot of fiatians have got it done which really shows the true power of the MJD.

A 1.5/1.6 MJD would do proper justice to our heavily built Fiats even though the 1.6 MJD in S-Cross has loads of turbo lag before 1900 RPM.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Saji Babu and prabhjot like this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    After waiting for 1 year for Linea 1.5 /1.6/AT, , I have decided to purchase a used Skoda Rapid diesel dsg AT or a used Linea MJD Active and save some money for Agea if it comes to India till 2018.
    On Twitter, I asked fiats what's there available as an upgrade for a Linea owner and avid fiat fans?

Answer : they will inform when a new model launch is planned.They also asked my contact info so as to inform.

Why the heck they want to inform me personally? The launch should be talk of the town.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If saving money for the new car is your prime objective, not sure whether Skoda Rapid DSG would support your cause. Considering the fact that you would be going for a used car, do factor in higher maintenance cost. Also, a 40-50k kms run DSG gear box is always at risk of faltering. And to your bad if this happens, it would be a huge dent to pocket.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am getting 2015 manufactured 10 kkm run DSG top end @9.75L&
    a 9 kkm run Linea Active @8L., Both are in immaculate condition & warranty.
    What's should be asking price for these two.?
    Linea Emotion new is @10,7L, OTR.
    I am also looking for Used diesel Terrano.
  6. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

Have some clarification on new linea elegante. Have booked and awaiting to take delivery ( Parents yet to give me a good date :arghh:). Have PDI and observed the following.

1. Elegante comes with touch screen. USB slot near to driver seat didnt recognize the USB stick. Where as they have given another USB slot connected with cable in glow box. When connected the USB drive to the same, it recognized and started to play. Is it normal.
    2. There are two fog lamp buttons on the right side to steering wheel. One is for front fog lamps. What is it for another. Ever SA is doesnt have any clue.
    3. As per SA it will support video. But what ever the movie present in USB stick is not recognized by the player.
    4. Which sunfilm i can opt for as i badly need some film( 80% transparent and atleast >50% heat rejection). AC is not that much chilller as per my view.

Thanks in advance.
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @subhash_chellam

2. the other fog lamp will be for rear fog lamp i believe, is it as given below then it is for rear fog lamp

1275084d1408261453t-2014-fiat-punto-evo-test-drive-review-dsc_0539.jpg
  8. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Bipin,

Thanks for your reply. On activation which lights will come up. could you please confirm this.
  9. fiatzorro

fiatzorro Timido

chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    good pictures it seems thanks for u r valuable points
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    extreme left and extreme right of the brake light unit.