1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    It's absolutely fine, enjoy your drive.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Amit Rox and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

Yes, its a perfect way to get on and done with the RUN-in period of the car !!! once back from trip you can go for first service.(if you covered the kms ). and then you get to enjoy the car, without any RPM limits and fear :)
    Amit Rox, prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @Taurus7 Any updates on your issue ? I yesterday went to sky moto for servicing my existing Linea emotion 1.4 FIRE. I think they were pretty good this time. I did check for new Linea T-Jet when I was there. Almost about to book one.
    Please share your recent experience.
  4. svaze

svaze Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Taurus7,

My experience with Sky Moto has been exactly like yours. I bought a new Punto Evo Sport last month and noticed the left pull issue. I spent close to 7 hours at Sky Moto. Multiple test drives, alignments, tightening of nut bolts didn't help. Fortunately a Fiat engineer came to visit their service center in the evening and he managed to fix the issue partially. Its 90% done but still the car pulls to the left sometimes. I am planning to get it checked by a tyre shop on Baner road in Pune.

Today I noticed one more issue. When I release the clutch in 2nd gear and accelerate, the car makes a "thud" noise and I feel a jerks before the car accelerates. Its like someone switched off the engine for a split second. Same issue is noticed in 3rd gear too. Sky Moto asked me to get the car to the service station to check if the software is up to date. I hope its nothing major.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @svaze

Hi, welcome to the forum man.

Are you sure you're upshifting correctly? because if you upshift too soon, only to fall out of the turboboost range....you will get such 'lagging' or 'slight jerking'.

However, if you certain it is an issue other than your gear shifting pattern/timing: then the ECU update may be called-for? When was your car made? end-2014?
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Regarding your second issue,I hope you have got the ECU update done for your 90 HP that was released specifically to arrest the jerk issue
  7. svaze

svaze Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot & @Turbothinghy, according to the VIN number, my car was manufactured in August 2015. Prabhjot, my driving pattern is the same. The car didn't have this issue till yesterday. I noticed it today itself. I will be taking it to Sky Moto for ECU update this week. Will update the thread once I get it diagnosed and fixed.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am quite positive that after the ECU update you will be fine. Moreover the jerk showed once in like 1-2 months, ie it wasn't that frequent. Just get it done if your car didn't come with it.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Let them have a look at the clutch sensor. Its a small component whose malfunction also leads to jerks.

Abdul
    svaze likes this.
  10. svaze

svaze Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Got the car checked by Sky Moto. They think that the noise is coming from the engine mount. They've asked me to keep the car with them for a day so that they can get to the root of the problem. Regarding the jerking issue, the my ECU was already running the latest software so that is not the problem.