1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Oh yes...Mistake.. Its R16..Thanks for correcting :)
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Pictures are really eye catching :) and good work Kailas.Is Chennai that green really ? hmm , I don't think so :rolleyes:.

I gave my Linea for the first service today at CAI,Coimbatore and went straight to the showroom to have a good look at it.Everything has been seen right from pics to videos except seeing it in flesh & blood.I wanted to confirm whether it really looks good in person than in the pictures which people used to say all these days.

At CAI showroom:
    There were two grey Lineas inside and out (seems the function got over yeserday).I kept staring at the front and thought the current Linea is still better (atleast to me) as it has neat looks unlike the current one where chrome is pasted all over.I also hate the fact that some 50 kgs are added to the New Linea considering the emotion varient.As far, the engine pulls neatly it should not be a problem.In the pictures, the front bumper appear only with the chrome thing and not the black lines that are present inside rather it appears with nothing inside (could be a reason why it looks better in person).My friend who accompanied me said that New Linea looks kind of premium than mine.I felt happy that it should be the same thought of a common man unlike us who keep on nah nah nah complaining :-D.

Extraordinay clean ,quality layout in the interior,you can ever seen in a FIAT car.Enough said about these !

Avventura and New Punto will do better for FIAT than NEW Linea is what I believe.Also ,I guess that the new Punto will not be Punto EVO but the below one in the link which was a revised version after EVO which again looks simliar to the original punto.

2014 Fiat Punto Twin Air - Exterior and Interior Walkaround - 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show - YouTube

My Linea looks better than you.You face seems to be confused, buddy.Too much of busy things going here and there !
    DSC_2230.jpg

DSC_2233.jpg

No complains about the side profile.
    DSC_2231.jpg

Ambient lighting: I liked it much :)
    DSC_2236.jpg

Glove box:
    DSC_2228.jpg

Overall , I feel like the current owners would aspire for the new Interiors ONLY but the new owners would grab it if they dont consider a powerful engine like that of Vento,Rapid or Verna..I have never seen a person in person who would differentiate the feel connected (hydraulic steering) and an electric steering.They would never consider the FEEL but the POWER only.

I am moving out now, my darling is waiting down :D.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Hehehe...Not everywhere..But this is a residential area in T Nagar & unlike most of chennai, its slightly green here :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

100% true... I feel like iam seeing old Verna when I look at New Linea from front :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thats a quick good review bharath... More than power, common man thinks about after sales service & resale value...And thats where others win.. Yesterday, my neighbor bought a Honda City. He said he had test driven all cars in this segment except Linea. They don't even consider Linea in this segment coz of the brand image Fiat has.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Price List - Linea MJD Facelift 2014 (Chennai)

Here is the price list of new Linea 1.3 MJD & T Jet (Chennai)

Linea Price.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    If Fiat gives dark interior material that wont get dirty, then they are criticized for not giving the light upmarket feel in their cars. When they give a light shade beige, then the fear of the upholstery and the dashboard getting dirty easily is expressed. I think buyers like what they see in the show room and when they see, it should be classy. It is up to them to keep them clean. Ive seen many cars with light interiors maintained really badly even by young and educated and also the senor professionals. So I feel Fiat has done the right thing by the new interior by just giving in to the market needs.

Abdul
    PradeepM, asimpleson, mchanna and 2 others like this.
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I didn't mention about the light interiors used here.. Personally Im also a fan of beige color & it definitely looks upmarket. What I mentioned here is about the material used, the texture,might get dirty easily.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya the texture gets dirty easily bcoz of Beige,dealer's demo cars get dirty easily coz they will be used mostly by careless customers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Sir,
    They mean that the other cars in the segment are so pathetic to drive, that they added the "STILL" :p hehe
    2 people like this.
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yep.. I interpreted it similarly. :)
    Its for the 'other' people out there, people who drive pseudo tin can racers, that scoot to 100kmph and require every ounce of your nerve and guts to take them further..cars that are under the guise of colourful paints and names ultimately nothing but FE wagons.
    The tagline is aimed for such people, people who want their cars to be cars.. To be able to drive them and be able to have fun doing so. Fiat is asking these people whether their desire to 'drive' is still there or if its been stifled, choked and laid to RIP. Fiat is asking them to make the move.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Whats that delayed power wjndows feature? Is it available in the current Linea?

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk