1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    well, the issue used to reduce to minimal after each wheel alignment session, however whenever I hit the highway, it used to become annoying. Then driving in the city is so boring that I forgot that a car should move in straight line even if I leave the steering momentarily.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,

I too had a heavy left pull issue, however the issue is now fixed to satisfaction. The place where I got the alignment, balancing and rotation done had a very knowledgeable technician who understood the issue and gradually went step by step to address the same.
    After a couple of trials and adjustments the issue was 95% addressed, then he mentioned that the issue could possibly be due to left lower arm which might be slightly out of place. Unfortunately FIAT's do not come with an option to adjust lower arm's unlike some other cars and we need to get it replaced (warranty should take care of it), however we went back into the bay and he further made some adjustments to the steering. The next test drive confirmed that the issue was addressed upto 99% (so the lower arm suspicion was ruled out as the reading's now look good) however with a very keen observation one can notice a very minute variance towards the left. After some testing we further narrowed it down as we observed that this very minor pull is only on acceleration ( when power transmits to the wheels through the drive shaft). So we now decided to test the car for 2 days as the wheels were just rotated and after a couple of 100 kilometers the tyres will have some wear and this issue would possibly settle down, else I might have to goto FASS to get the left drive shaft checked.
    Anyways as I have mentioned the issue now is at a very very minute degree and it is not noticeable unless you pay a lot of attention specifically to find it.
    You can find the complete report and experience about the alignment center on my ownership thread. I will keep you updated how things turn out to be.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    prabhjot, Saji Babu and abhinav_nani like this.
  3. Manoj kumar t

Manoj kumar t Timido

Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I have bought a new linea emotion on nov 2014.At first i didnt feel tht bodyroll in the car.i hav almost driven 19000 km nw....but aftr 15000 km i hav startd feelin a bodyroll in the car.it affects more badly in normal roads with patches and bumps....passengers sitting at the back affects a lot as if they are being thrown side to side while taking even small turns.i have reduced tyre pressure to 30psi F & 28psi B.But stil problm persist..rather than bodyroll the car is a perfect companion for a driver.Is it because of the complaint of goodyear tyre provided by manufacturer..or due to the increased ground clearance..i have checked tyres nd didnt find any probs...it affects me a lot while travelling with family..is it a manfacturing defect....
    Plz find me a solution for this problem as am fiat enthusiast and dnt want this car to be changed for this reason....
    OR do i find a solution if i change the tyres to a better brand....?
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Manoj kumar t

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Get your wheel alignment and your alloys checked? Get your suspension arms, shockers, anti-roll bar etc checked and caliberated on the side where you feel the 'roll' is extra/a newly developed sign? By elimination: perhaps switching to another set of tyres (2 or 4?) will do the trick?

Have you not shown at it at your FASS yet? It sounds like they'll be able to zero-in on the issue easily enough. Do so, please. Meanwhile don't worry, sounds like a very soluble problem.

cheers
  5. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Booked T.Wine Emotion MJD , loan process will be done this week, delivery expected next week :)
    Dealer : Torrid Motors (Andheri , Mumbai)
    Discounts : 1 lakh (50K Gift chq + 30K exch bonus + 20K Dealer incentive)
    Freebies : Mudflaps

The car will be driven from Ranjangaon to Mumbai :( . As per the dealer, since there are only a few cars delivered (only 2 dealers in Mumbai) , the cars have to be driven but there is an option that I can accompany the driver :wideyed:

I hope the car is delivered with
    - the latest ECU update
    - the wheel alignment that fixes the left pull

how to ensure that this is done when I get the car?
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the ride @avithe1 ! Wine color is a looker especially in the facelifted linea
    avithe1 likes this.
  7. ssateesh

ssateesh Novizio

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

Hi Congrats. What is the Manufacturing month ?
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Manufacturing month : GHZ ==> July
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations !!!.

If you are accompanying the car from the factory, I am sure you would be able to identify these two issues if they exist even before you reach pune . You can easily get these 2 things before delivery.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is it ok to drive a new linea on a long road trip the very next day of delivery ?