1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    I have done 6656 Kms (I have got a new Linea, if you are wondering what car I have) and I am still to share my ownership experience :inpain:.

- About the mileage, recently I have started getting 12.8 - 13.7 in traffic (Delhi traffic) other wise on a weekend I get say 14.2 - 14.8 (cause I am the only one going to office along with some unlucky fellows, so there is less traffic).

On highway I was able to get 23.3

- My suggestion would be that you get the paint protection and underbody coating done as its good to do it when the car is new (although the showroom people say they do it for all new cars under the basic kit package, this is what we get in Delhi NCR).

- No need to follow any run-in as Fiat engines are ready to use (As you wish to :stig:).
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That is still some good FE considering the traffic. Also even though my car is much newer compared to yours the ODO reading is just 100km behind your cars ODO . You need to get more on those highways to thoroughly enjoy the FIAT.

PS: Missed meeting you when you were in Hyderabad, let's see when we would get a chance next time.
    Saji Babu, prabhjot and Prashant Teki like this.
  3. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM I am really sorry that I couldn't make it up to you when I was in Hyderabad, definitely we will catch up soon.

yes you are right one must get on to the highways more often with the Fiat as they belong more to the highways.
    Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    PDI done for my friend's Linea mjd dynamic yesterday. Will post a report of other cars driven and reason for linea over others soon. uploadfromtaptalk1430972565729.jpg
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the details of comparison between Linea and others,
    Avventura - My friend started with it. Blown away by looks esp. Bronzo Tan. Test drive was also fine. But the sitting position was not comfortable for him as he felt. For me it was just fine. He has a relative who owns a avvy and he also had few issues with sitting position and back pain. Here also few members mentioned there is attention to be given for the right sitting position. And they too feel back pain. Due to this Avvy rejected with a big heart. My friend is also has few medical problems with back pain. Also as a first time buyer he was reluctant to go with a newly launched product.

Linea Mjd- Driving dynamics unbeatable. Looks feel updated from old model. Interior dash and soft touch was superb. The dash looks awesome with flawless design yet simple. Exactly how we like. Tjet was not considered as he is a first time driver, not so enthusiastic about Tjet. Also no offers and mileage was a factor for not considering Tjet. Like the space inside, too good. Leg room also good enough. Only concern was the head room for passengers of size 6 feet and above. It is bit less in linea. Also there is no option to switch off rear A/C. But good that they have provided in a premium sedan. Music better than previous version. Checked a 2014 linea on stockyard. Its a biggg caaar.
    To be continued...
    Comparison with Ecosport/ Honda city (Petrol)
    Dr. Fixated, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for sharing the details buddy. In fact I agree there is no way to cut off the air circulation from the rear aircon vent however three is a small knob which you can push in the direction of the passenger seat and the vent should be closing thus restricting the air flow.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Continuing....
    Ecosport - No offence, but pathetic product. God knows why it sales like this. Suspension is like sitting on a bullock cart. I have drove all the mentioned cars on the same road where road was under construction. This vehicle would have scored 1/10 in suspension. Dash is filled with too much plastic. Too much buttons at centre, really confusing. A pillar is so thick that you cannot see upcoming objects while taking turn. SA told it gives stability to the vehicle. When i asked about safety in high speed when you even cannot see what's coming, he says but sir it sells good. No complaints yet. ☺ We weren't interested to wait till receive a complaint. 1.5 diesel engine was smooth and pulls well. Cabin Noise also was less. However, in mid varient with 10.8 lacs price tag on road in bangalore, no safety features at all. Straight away rejected. Music system though impressed the most compared to other cars.

Honda City- One of the best looking Sedan in India. Just didn't like the steel plate like chrome in new version on face. Pulls nice and good for city driving. But, took it to the under construction road and the real picture came out. Suspension, it as if hits you back when go over pot holes. Rear bumper jumps a lot and clearly visible in RVM. SA agreed that new version was 28 kgs reduced for mileage, hence the result. Diesel was very annoying with cabin noise. Not exciting at all unlike petrol. 165mm ground clearance also an issue. It hit 2-3 times on mud and bumpy roads. Dash is super confusing. It feels like too many things plunked at one place. Didn't even understand the positioning and shape of A/C on dash. It's placed very weirdly. One good thing, compared to Linea bit more leg room and head room on back. If you look closely, the rear roof elevated for more headroom. It's a contender of mjd linea with mid varient petrol wrt price tag. However, with 10 lacs price, lots of extra features you will get compared to city with butter smooth suspension and unmatched drive quality.
    So, each car has its drawbacks and positives. For me, if you like comfort/ safety/decent features/ drive quality and looking a car with price tag around 10.5 lacs (in Bangalore), it has to be FIAT LINEA. My friend may join this forum soon after getting the delivery and will share his thoughts.
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Dr. Fixated, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today my friend got his beauty
    uploadfromtaptalk1431706827999.jpg
    b9a42bc8082369cc2cd49eb0ad818e0c.jpg
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @SOOZ_P, congrats to your friend and to you on helping him out with a Fiat. I had the same observations on Honda City as you pointed out while I was evaluating my options. Irony is that City still sells despite being so sloppy on build quality.
    Saji Babu, SOOZ_P and prabhjot like this.