1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot

Recently I did a long distance travel (400 km)and faced an issue of a sudden Turbo like pull on 3 gear around 1500 rpm and again once it crosses, it will come back to normal raising speed. It is very intermittent, sometimes it's happening and sometimes not.

I just reached 2500 Km and waiting for my first service to be done. I called up Service advisor, he says sometimes engine by itself do turbo adjustment but no issues. I am not able to understand why it should behave the strange way. Noticed somewhere in one of the owners had a same complaint in our forum that i tried to track but unfortunately could not find it.

Any help or advise here would help.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If there is an issue please get it checked on a scanner. Get the turbo hoses and also the air filter cover checked. Just in case there is a misfit. Hopefully it already has a newer designed air filter cover too. Get a thorough check-up done.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    From what I understand: the ECU learns and adapts to your driving style and pattern, so if it is very intermittent it may just be a case of that happening, and it'll settle down of its own accord. So: what the SA told you is not a fib. But get it scanned and checked out during the first service. Airfilter, turbo hoses checked? Does not sound serious, and may not be a problem at all. Don't worry, show it to FASS. You are right: one or two recent mjd new owners have reported a similar thing. Don't think it's a big issue: FASS may well have a ready fix for you, if reqd.
    Prashant Teki and PradeepM like this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I second prabhjot's post in this context. The ecu for sure in this car is adaptive, try to push the car around on a few runs and you will definitely see the throttle responding differently than before. Kindly keep us posted on the behavior post the checks suggested already.
    Thank you in advance.
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  5. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Pearl white Linea MJD has arrived. Awaiting delivery this week.
    Just wanted to check something with the new Linea owners - Is there a remote control for the built in music system to skip/forward the tracks other than the steering controls?

Regards,
    Dr. Fixated and prabhjot like this.
  6. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations @Saji Babu for the white beauty. There is no remote for the built in music system, there are only steering controls.

Regards
  7. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got the delivery of Linea MJD Pearl White yesterday.
    Hope to update images and initial review soon once I settle down.
    Prashant Teki, gopan and prabhjot like this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saji Babu, congrats. The beauty won't let you settle down, as you would be driving all the while. ;) Enjoy your new ride.
    Saji Babu likes this.
  9. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Saket.
    I am still busy with some work and plan to share the experience and initial review + pics very soon.

Just a few points to ask - typical new car ownership symtoms :nailbiting:

- What's the mileage to expect get in bumper to bumper stop-go traffic where shift to 1,2,3 frequently. I know it's too early to judge or assess for a 160KMS run car. Just curious looking at the Avg consumption. I get around 11-12.5 in bad traffic. It had even gone to 10, but it jumps to 12.7 - 13+ if I get a free stretch. Never got chance for a highway trip until now.
    - Is it a need really to do a paint protection and underbody coating at this stage?
    - Did you follow any run-in procedure initially? if so please share - RPM's, speed etc
    - I think the initial lag is oversold. I think t's just a matter of time you get familiar with the engine power delivery.
    - I do get road undulations transferred to steering - but I believe it's normal for a hydraulic unit as some fellow members mentioned (?)

Thanks all.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi. I own a 90 hp and it has run 1500 kms recently. Earlier I was also getting very low FE in the range of 12-13. The worst I got was 10.6 but that day my 90 hp had to negotiate a lot of bumper to bumper traffic and red lights.Then I tried tweaking my driving a little bit like not accelerating hard all the time and not changing gears until it's actually required.
    Now I am able to get 14-15 in slow city traffic with AC and around 16-20 without AC depending on the traffic.

My highway figures are around 17-18. I am more aggressive on the highway.

PS: I don't exactly drive with a light foot. I upshift at 2000-2200 RPMS 2nd gear onwards and in between I accelerate hard as well for overtaking ( upshift around 2500-3000 RPM).

Also when driving on a highway with a light foot the mjd is easily capable of returning more than 20 even with AC and about 25 without AC. I have tried once for a stretch of 50 kms and I was in the range of 60-80 km/hr. That time I got 21 km/ltr with AC. But didn't try driving like it again as its not easy to restrict mjd below 100 km/hr on an open stretch, in fact it's a bliss to cruise at 120 km/hr :)
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Saji Babu likes this.