1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Mate, hope you would get the delivery as expected. What is the choice of color and OTR price, also make sure that dealer is providing you with the 5x5 offer which has started recently. Keep us posted .
    lakshminandan likes this.
  2. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,
    Yesterday afternoon when I cracked the car for the first time in the day, I saw a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in between on the console, followed by a message on the MID " parking assistance not available ". I was not able to relate this message to anything, however when I switched off the ignition and restarted no similar message was found. I suspect something with the parking sensors as I did clean that area to clear some smudge marks, however they seem to be working fine. Any thoughts from anyone on this topic.
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @PradeepM couple of months back, I noticed similar one in my T-Jet. Stopped and restarted engine, warning light was gone. Since then did not come back.

Off topic, got to hear most hilarious statement on "Overdrive" program on CNBC Awaaz, the 'so called' expert claimed Ciaz Zdi to be more safer than Linea 1.3 Multijet when a viewer asked a question on making choice out of these 2 options. Couldn't resist laughing till dropped on floor :smuggrin:
  4. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM and @pabhishek thank you so much for the inputs on the Music player settings.

There is something else also on which I need some inputs (sorry for being so inquisitive), at times the warning light has shown (yellow triangle with !). And the warning low oil pressure has shown at the time of ignition, so I removed the Key and started again and this time there was no warning.
    Is there anything to worry about, and I have also completed 5000 Kms :smuggrin: (in 3 months) any advises on the service.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Prashant,
    Iam sure you would have got this at cold start, I too had see that triangle however with a diff message " no parking assistance available " as mentioned a few posts above. These messages to the best of my knowledge are being shown when we crank the engine in a hurry not waiting for enough time(until all console lights turn off) specifically on cold starts. When we restart the ignition the messages do no reappear as the system would have completed its checks by them. As it did not reoccur there should be nothing much to worry.
    prabhjot and Prashant Teki like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Prashant Teki, please note that you must report this issue to FASC. Take an email id of CRM.service of your respective FASC and email them about this problem. Let them check this on EXAMINER/scanner and give a clean chit. Low oil pressure can be disastrous for an engine. If however, it was due to some sensor malfunction or software glitch, leave it to their judgement. Always keep a trail of email with FIAT or FASC in a different folder in inbox for future reference.

Keep a regular check on oil levels.
    Prashant Teki, PradeepM and pabhishek like this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You mate, the advice sure makes a lot more sense. I had a small conversation with Prashant and he is planning a visit to FASS for his 5k service this week and he will update us on the findings.
    Thank you again , as it is always good to highlight these sensitive issues and let the experts determine what is needed.
  8. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the tip, my lady has covered 5000 kms, so I will be taking her for her first service tomorrow, there ill get all these checked.
    Will post the updates.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM thank you very much for your advices.I have opted for the magnesio grey colour. Dealer have quoted Rs10,48000 and Rs 6000 & 2000 for logistics and temporary registration respectively. When asked about the offers they told me that I will get insurance free and gift cheque of Rs 40000.also after 3rd servicing I can opt for extended warranty for 5 years after payment of around Rs 8000.Actually I stay around 500 km from the dealer.All interactions with the dealer was done through phone.even booking was done by my brother.waiting eagerly for the beauty to come home.
    Cheers
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  10. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Hey Team,

Today I got the first service (at 5000 kms) done, and got the lady scanned for the above problem, the service manager told me that the warnings are stored in the History and when they connect the laptop they can pinpoint the exact problem area, luckily there were no problems found, so I asked him, what would have made those warnings appear and for this he said "at times the on board computer senses some problem and it is shown in the MID and if its due to small time things it erases it and is not saved, hence it can't be tracked.

I am not convinced with what he said, I will get to the bottom of this and will share as soon as I get some info on it.

Any ways I am happy with the service, things done in this service are as follows:

1. Routine check up from head to toe (checking of electricals', updation of BluenMe, leaks if any, wheel balancing)
    2. Scanning
    3. Top ups (if necessary)
    4. Washing and Cleaning

I have also sharing some pics of the My Lady after the service :D (not sharing much as everyone must have seen the new facelift Magnesio Grey Linea)

My Linea 1.jpg

My Linea 2.jpg

My Linea 3.jpg