1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM : Thanks. The little noise coming from Instrumental panel and door was solved now.. I had to wait for a day to get this done. but Service Engineer here is very supportive. I had a trip to my home town and it was a delight. Enjoyed every bit of that.

by enquiring the Sales person, I got the new book. But one thing I am unable to do is to set my EQ. I tried in different ways, it is not working in new linea. Any idea how to do that?

I identified one more issue - when I press horn continuously, the media player stops and starts again after release the horn. I informed this to Service guy, He said this is the issue faced by many new linea and punto evo/avventura owners. They have sent a report to Fiat it seems.

But as a whole, the quality of the drive was just fantastic. I got 21 km/lr in high ways maintaining 80-100 km/hr. In city, i am getting around 14 km/l. I am hoping that once it crosses 10000, will get little more.
    PradeepM, nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You very much abhishek.
    I tried this option may be I was doing something wrong and I was not able to find the appriopriate selection. Eventually I tried the following and it worked.
    After turning the key to MAR, I press the windows button and navigated to media player settings. Post which I moved to a different menu and from the available commands I chose loop off. Post the voice command I got an assurance from the MID where a text message was displayed " loop off". By any chance would anyone of you be able to guide me to switch folders as Iam unable to locate this option too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2015 ---
    Good to know that the issue is fixed. Fortunately I do not have this issue with the media player when I tried pressing the horn pad continuously. I too am pretty happy with the FE of the car and has received 21+ kmpl on the highway run and 15+ kmpl in the city traffic, I have captured the complete details of the FE and the feedback from the recent highway trip in my thread.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-new-linea-2014.13852/page-7#post-841932679

Cheers,
    pradeep
    Prashant Teki and prabhjot like this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I managed to find the option to change the folders in the 2014 Linea.
    Using voice commands I followed the below path to toggle around the folders.
    - press the blue&me icon on the steering wheel and say media.
    - then select the option advance USB options from the available commands.
    - then select folders
    - post this the selection options are moved to the MID display. We can toggle between the available folders using the up and down key on the steering and then press the call option to select the folder.
    - once the folder is selected the MID now displays the content of the folders where we can now select a specific song. On selection press the call option again to play the selected song.
  4. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have got to know the user EQ settings is well. Once reaching User EQ after selecting Audio, press Menu button for a while, it will display "User EQ Activated" and then we can set our own frequencies.
  5. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    At last, the vehicle has been delivered. This picture is of poor quality; will certainly share some legible pics in due time.

Here are the first impressions. The tyres are really huge and will be well suited for its habitat of all sorts of roads on the Deccan Plateau. The vehicle is so long that it protrudes out of that parking place in the pic, though it is not visible from this angle. To put it mildly, Linea looks simple and elegant. Especially the way boot extends from the main body in one clean stroke. And also those rear lights with three circular lamps.

Linea.jpg
    prabhjot, pabhishek and PradeepM like this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the club. This is the 3rd Linea in Grey bought in the last 30 days in Hyderabad that I know, and the second one to my knowledge that Ankitha delivered in March. They also sold a white emotion MJD which belongs to a Dr. You will love the car for sure and let me know when you are free for a photoshoot with the grey's .
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  7. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM Thanks! Good to know that they are selling well and hope to see more Fiats on the road. I already see a photoshoot of the greys on your thread!
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Dr. Fixated For the beautiful choice. Mine observation was also same about it being too big when I parked it in my area, be it office or home. It was protruding everywhere. :)
    And at the same place others sedans were comfortably getting parked in the designated area.
    Happy miles munching!
    Dr. Fixated and PradeepM like this.
  9. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Hi TFI ians,
    Thrilled to see all your love for your fiats. I am a new driver and was driving my father's maruti a star for last 5 months.Now I have decided to upgrade to a sedan.After researching for last one year my attachment towards linea grew more and more.so booked a new linea mjd emotion and will probably get delivery in 15 days.can you please tell me will it be useful to install an after market reverse camera for parking.
    Thanks and cheers
    PradeepM, prabhjot and Dr. Fixated like this.
  10. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @lakshminandan welcome to TFI !! Congratulations for buying this Italian curvy beauty !!
    Reverse camera will be helpful while upgrading from a small hatch to big sedan like Linea. get it fitted from the showroom guys to avoid warranty related confusions.
    PradeepM, prabhjot and lakshminandan like this.