1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM
    Awaiting your response.

@prabhjot

My dealer was a complete headache.. Very hesitant and never gave option to do PDI till the registration got over.. So did it only during delivery.. Need to go to service station on Tuesday again..

I have a basic question, as you know my bro owns punto sport , kerb weight difference between his car and linea is just 60 kgs. Then why we are seeing so much lag during first two gears in Linea alone.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 22, 2015 ---
    @King CM : please share your thoughts too on my issues.. I too like you found difference in lag once in a while especially in 2nd gear.. How did you deal with it??
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

@shanvimal - i guess you are getting a bit too immersed in the new-car syndrome .Dont worry, we all go through it. I still listen out for any unusual noises from my 3 year old car (Linea T-Jet) while driving, but thats my mental conditioning as a driver. You will learn to settle down and enjoy driving. The Fiat MJD tuning is known for its initial turbolag up to 2000 rpm and excellent response thereafter.
    Please also note that your car's ECU will eventually "learn" your acc. pedal inputs and modulate the engine response accordingly.
    As a note of general caution- I wouldnt take up any long distance (excess 250 km continuous highway) initially until the engine, tyres and brakes are "bedded" in. But you may hear otherwise.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  3. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @acechip :) you read my mind lol.. Sorry one basic question - what is mean by "bedded in"? Thought of planning a trip to my hometown (400 km one way) this week..
    acechip likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Quite simply, it means subjecting the car to a full "urban" cycle. Varying speeds, varying rpms across the rev-range, frequent gearshifts etc. This allows the internal tolerances of moving components to be "set" in. Some will say that Fiat engines are already sold "run-in", but I wouldnt still hold them to it.
    kgramesh, prabhjot, gopan and 2 others like this.
  5. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  6. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all, all the minor issues reported are solved today, the service adviser in RamKay Service center is really good. He asked me to come and said some of these issues are existing and solved them in a day. When I returned home, I found the calmness in driving Linea amidst all traffic jams... No sounds, I felt really happy..

@acechip : I asked the Service Adviser about bedding. He said all Fiat vehicles come in run-in condition. He said Fiat follows the process of bedding will happen during manufacturing itself.. So, need to know only from Manufacturer now :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

Like I said, the Fiat SA will tell you this. And its really up to you. There are some people who do not believe in letting the turbo engine idle at the start and the end (of a particularly long) drive. But I have been doing it religiously both with my Dzire (MJD) and now with the Linea T-Jet.

Atleast I am at peace knowing I aint subjecting the turbo to potential abuse.
    shanvimal and prabhjot like this.
  8. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, I will follow your pattern :)
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3

Sorry for the late response vimal, please find my update below.

1) Little rust on the disk brakes
    A : I too have noticed surface rust during PDI of my car and I got the same cleaned up before delivery, nothing much to worry here.

2) While driving, Though my side door is locked, I found very negligible noise keep on coming (it is like little sand in the tin box). Not sure of the reason, the Service guy said it is some issue around Belt connections.. He wanted to remove the door assembly and check, asked me to come on Tuesday... Any idea what this should be??
    A : I did not notice any such noise till date, Kindly let us know if you got the same addressed.

3) Blue & me - settings were given in Spanish... I asked Dealers about it, they were clueless.. So went to service station, service guy updated the Software to change it to English.

A : In the settings menu we have the option to change the language and its pretty easy to toggle. Please let me know if ou still need help in this aspect I would attach pictures on how to change the language settings.

4) Surprisingly I found that the manual given was 2013s (all picture - everything depicts 2013 model) , Is this what given to you as well?

A : Yes the manual I received too has pictures from the pre facelift model.

5) While driving, I also identified some strange sound in Intrumentation panel as if that is it fitted well. not sure why,.when I pressed it, it stopped, Any guys had this issue before?

A : Thankfully, none observed so far in my vechile.

6) I tried setting EQ User customization, but somehow unable to so.. Can anyone please share the way to do this in New Linea?

A: We have the options in the Audio settings. You can press the audio buttion and then toggle with the > key to change the various settings.

7) Noise insulation seemed little less compared to the one I drove during Test.. What may be the reason?

A: Noise insulation is subjective and also I strongly feel that the engine on your car is too new and would sound a little rough when compared with the test drive car which would have more Km's on the odo. Give your car sometime and Iam sure the engine noise would settle down, which would bring the noise levels down thus giving you better insulation feel.

8) How to easily check the suspension beam rust?

A: This is tough, I guess the only way is to get the car up on fork-lift.

Also Folks,

Due to some reason the songs from the USB drive are playing in repeat mode and I have to manually intervene every time to switch to the next song. I have tried checking the options to see if the repeat mode is engaged, however I was unable to locate or find this option. I would request for help in this regard, also it would be great of someone can let me know how to switch folders.

Cheers,
    pradeepm
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @PradeepM this setting can be changed by using steering mounted controls. Go to the menu of media player and change the settings from there, options will be seen in mid. You can check manual for the details too.
    Prashant Teki likes this.