1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Shabeer Khan

Shabeer Khan Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Guys I took delivery of my Italian beauty on First of Jan 2015, I have a doubt regarding the door locks being a swift owner I am familiar with the doors getting locked when the car crosses 20 km/h and the doors wont open from inside unless they are unlocked but in Linea I am a bit confused because the doors can be opened from inside even after hearing the doors getting locked automatically, Is there any other lock button or is it the same like Volkswagen Vento.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi.
    Congrats on the great choice!

Same as the Vento.

cheers
    sandipan_r15 and Shabeer Khan like this.
  3. Shabeer Khan

Shabeer Khan Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you friend for clearing my doubt and this quickly, thanks
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations !!! on the car Shabeer. This concern was raised earlier as well and unfortunately this is a miss in the design which as rightly pointed out by you in unsafe , particularly when we have kids in the car trying to fiddle around.
    Shabeer Khan likes this.
  5. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    But there is lock button in the driver side door to lock both the rear doors.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2015 ---
    Oops sorry the lock was for the rear doors wind shields. But yes there is child lock for both the rear doors and I have used it and works fine
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Shabeer Khan

The front passenger side door unlocks when you unlock using the latch but you to unlock the driver side door latch to open the rear doors. If the child lock is activated as mentioned by @Vishi then the door can be opened only from outside, it cannot be opened from inside then.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Kids sitting in front is also unsafe! What if kid sitting in front fiddles with the gear lever in a moving car?

All manufacturers recommend that kids should be seated on the rear seats and child lock is there for rear seats. This is as per design and not a design flaw!
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Shabeer Khan

Shabeer Khan Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Linea 1.3
    I know its not a flaw but was simply curious if I missed something like a hidden door lock thats all and thank you Pradeep
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2015 ---
    I am facing a worst situation. My car is just one moth and 750 km old and one morning the central locking didnt worked upon inspection it was my battery, the break down service came and took my car they did a charging of the battery and gave me my lady back only to find her in same situation after two days, now she is in the service center with an assured word that the battery will be replaced under warranty. I am waiting for tomorrow morning to check my car.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Just back from a through PDI , We took close to 2 hours and definitely satisfied with the end result.
    All pics were taken from my cell phone camera and hence the quality is not good, kindly excuse.
    First look after the unloading and a quick water spray

First Pic.jpg

Another View

Another View.jpg

A picture from AV Motors service center.

AV Motors.jpg

A picture of the ODO meter with the " H " symbol

OdO Meter Reading.jpg

Through checkup in progress

On the Ramp.jpg Pic.jpg

The Tyres I got were Good Year. The tires have the small spikes on them confirming the less run as a reassurance to the ODO meter reading.

Tyre.jpg

The following minor issues were noticed and they would be corrected before delivery.
    1) The rubber of the wiper blades has hardened and would be replaced
    2) A small screw cap was found missing
    3) Some deposits of rust noticed on the disc breaks which are expected to be cleaned before delivery
    4) The cabin light switch has some play and need some adjustment.
    Rest of the car looked good no issues like scratches & dents noticed.
    Each and every element in the cabin along with every feature was thoroughly tested to satisfaction.
    The PDI Team from AV Motors has been very cooperative. They were patient and did not rush us through and I thank them for the time they allowed us with the car.
    If things work as expected I should have my hands on the wheel before this weekend.
  10. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All, Finally we got the car today.. Overall I checked everything according to the PDI and all looked good. Few issues I have noticed.

1) Little rust on the disk brakes
    2) While driving, Though my side door is locked, I found very negligible noise keep on coming (it is like little sand in the tin box). Not sure of the reason, the Service guy said it is some issue around Belt connections.. He wanted to remove the door assembly and check, asked me to come on Tuesday... Any idea what this should be??
    3) Blue & me - settings were given in Spanish... I asked Dealers about it, they were clueless.. So went to service station, service guy updated the Software to change it to English.
    4) Surprisingly I found that the manual given was 2013s (all picture - everything depicts 2013 model) , Is this what given to you as well?
    5) While driving, I also identified some strange sound in Intrumentation panel as if that is it fitted well. not sure why,.when I pressed it, it stopped, Any guys had this issue before?
    6) I tried setting EQ User customization, but somehow unable to so.. Can anyone please share the way to do this in New Linea?
    7) Noise insulation seemed little less compared to the one I drove during Test.. What may be the reason?
    8) How to easily check the suspension beam rust? IMG-20150221-WA0005.jpg IMG-20150221-WA0006.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2015 ---
    Also, you guys found any difference in sound while closing the front door vs backdoor.. ??
    pabhishek and Prashant Teki like this.