1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Facelift 1.3 MJD Test Drive & Review

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by kailasmenon2000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes both are possible suggestions as @prabhjot or @Jotinder pointed out. A proper examiner-scanner check, along with a visual check of plumbings just to rule out any power loss due to leakages of turbo components etc. (an extra measure). However @Jotinder might have pin-pointed the issue. But do suggest this only later if the issue is not sorted out by them.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ohh man I am super excited to get my Linea Emotion mjd delivered tomorrow. Not able to sleep now :). All set for the big day and waiting for it.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All,

I would be taking the final call in a day or two over booking the Linea Dynamic MJD 2014.
    There are some fabulous discounts being put on the table for grabs.
    After reading multiple threads , Iam pretty convinced that Linea is more of a car for the price I would be paying for.Definitely looking forward for a good ownership experience with the car.
    I will keep you all posted.
  4. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all, I am Vimal, recently ordered Linea Dynamic MJD 2014 model. Got some good discounts from Ramkay Fiat, Chennai.. This is something i dreamt about.. My Father had a old Fiat and as a family, we use to have fun traveling in the car.. So when Fiat introduced Punto, wanted to buy it.. But due ASS issues, went ahead with Swift..But everytime when i see Punto, i regretted my decision. So i made my bro get Punto Sports and he enjoys every moment of it..

Now God has given the time for me to go to Linea 2014. Since no stock available at Dealer side, it's going to come from Pune. I have a question.. Is it ok to buy last stocks standing in Fiat warehouse (oct 2014 manufacturing month) or it's better to go for 2015 version? Looking forward to your reply....
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @shanvimal

No problem, provided you do a thorough, total PDI, before paying up fully.

It's a function of the total discount offered relative to the new 2015 prices. If you can wait a bit, you'll be able to get discounts I bet even on 2015 ones, though i suspect the sort of deal you got yourself there on this 2014 model will be stellar? Plus: who knows, the 2015 Linea-s a few months from now may come with nice additionalities like say a touchscreen ICE and/or amt gearbox and/or another facelift and/or the bigger 1.5/1.6 mjd?

But i suspect the wait will not be worth your while, given the terrific discount you've surely recieved on the 2014 model.

cheers, lovely btw, to hear of your family affinity for Fiat!
  6. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, looking forward to drive it.. Its a deal of 1.4 L reduction and some extra goodies valued for some 5-6 k. They have also taken by swift to nice resale value 20K higher than other dealers.. I heard that little hike in tax is expected in 2015 models, so Fiat have to bring in new features to get the customers.

I asked one of the consultant and he said Fiat is working on 1.5 diesel and may hit India by 2015 H2. So I believe new version will be in H2 but not Now..

How much would be the difference in driving experience with R15 tyres?? I wanted to get Emotion but little late in making a decision and by that time, all stocks were over..

Also could you please share with me the things i need to check in PDI. Appreciate your responses.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats shanvimal & pradeep :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2015 ---
    Did you book mjd Pradeep?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @shanvimal

PDI: there's a thorough thread on the subject on TFi, you could search and pore over it.

The 15 inchers are pretty wide, so no not much difference, more than enough I feel but you might want to consider upsizing, more for aesthetic reasons, though obviously braking and handling benefit fairly too?
  9. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Kailas,

Yes the booking was done last week and now the wait continues for the VIN and the vehicle details from the dealer.