1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Epk gets some ICE to cool off in summers.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Akshay4384, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I was going through a big dilemma to get ICE or not to.
    I aint really a Big Audiophile,so i had almost decided to get aftermarket alloys first and then think of ICE.
    Last 2 weeks were spent windowshopping for wheels,and i couldnot find any set of wheels to my taste.
    So,i was pretty much frustrated,and decided to put wheels purchase on hold and Get her ICE'd.
    i had stuff lying from my previous set up in Accent.
    I was looking for some VFM ICE parts,So in the end final set up in linea was.

1)Stock HU
    2)Audison HLA
    3)Scoshe Power kit
    4)Scoshe RCA's
    5)Damping 4 sheets
    6)Rainbow SLG titans for front soundstage
    7)Kenwood 8404 AMP
    8)JBL Subwoofer in a sealed box.

All set up work was done at Motorconcept Kirti nagar New Delhi:)
    Here are a few pictures
    IMG_3133.jpg IMG_3132.jpg IMG_3136.jpg IMG_3145.jpg IMG_3137.jpg IMG_3141.jpg IMG_3143.jpg IMG_3139.jpg
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Congrats! Looks good.

A couple of questions:
    1. How much did you pay for the Rainbow SLG titans?
    2. Which brand and how many damping sheet were used?
    3. What's the purpose of the Audison HLA? It is needed only if you are going for the stock HU right? I got confused as I saw the Kenwood 6539 box in your boot.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Rainbow Titans were a limited Run,cost me 10K.
    They have been replaced by a new range,by the name of DLC 2.0 something,they cost around 12-13K.

2)Damping was some VFM brand(forgot the name),4 sheets were used for front 2 doors.

3)HLA is required to convert speaker out from stock HU to RCA out,no you wont need this with a aftermarket HU
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes, DLC 6.2 I believe. But have not heard real world reviews of them as everybody says they are pretty new. What has been your experience of Titans? How would you rate them - balanced / warm / bright?
    NoiseKill? How much did you pay for damping?

Yes, I got confused seeing the pic of Kenwood 6539 in your boot.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Titans arent bright,midbass kicks hard and the tweeters sound warm and clear.
    It wasnt noise kill-i paid around 3.5K for 4 sheets.
    6539 was from my existing car,now shifted to another-Didnt want to lose blue and Me so retained the stock HU.
  6. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Good Install mate ,
    Whats the total cost of set up and how u will rate your setup after listening for sometime. Some Amplifiers have speaker level inputs like pioneer 6500Gf can reduce instruments in complete setup.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After this setup are you able to listen to music without key in the acc position?
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Rating the setup would depend on personal prefrences,it suits my needs,and is way better than stock:)
    Total set up including everything cost me somewhere around 35-40K

@mvb4u i can listen to music with key removed but only rear speakers work with the CD or tuner.