1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Engine Sound Proofing

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Viny, Nov 26, 2012.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ha ha ha...not a missing component in your car, it's an additional component in my car.
    BTW, will show it to you during Factory visit. Are you coming ?

Oh, absolutely. It's called typical Italian Engine Growl :)
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I am finding the idling sound of my 2K run TJet to be on the louder side.. certainly more than other petrol cars (but without the obvious telltale clatter of diesels).
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    AFAIK it's only for diesel engines.Viny petrol engines dont need that :D Initial petrol engines had that.Like vahanpujari's linea has that damping material.Even my Linea is '09 manufactured but it doesnt have that damping material.I dont need that either :p the petrol engines are super smooth :)
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Viny,

Here you go. Pic of dampening underneath bonnet in my Linea 1.4 (this dampening is not available in Linea 1.4, don't know how I got it :) )

2012-12-02_3419.jpg
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The black mat is there in my Linea 2009.I think this is there only in diesel models to curb sound and vibrations.Petrol engines dont require as they r silent.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the mat is for diesel and tjets. However i got it installed. the mat is cheap at 350 odd rupees but the clips costs another 700 app. i had paid around 1000
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    It's there in my Linea (2009 model again) too.

edit - Mine's petrol too.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Viny I personally don't think there is anything that can be done to prevent the engine fan sound as the fan is closer to the front grill & that will for sure be heard outside. But yes there would be an overall difference in the engine sound if you can get hold of it.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    well 350 is fine but 700 for clips :eek: Jugaad time i guess :D

visiting the service center soon, will see what can be done :)
  10. Clips are costly and does not justify the price. i had lost two of them and did not buy them after hearing the price for them. Off topic but wanted to understand the pricing part of these clips