1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea engine oil - Selenia WR 5W-40

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Hi,

Where can we buy the Linea Engine Oil "SELENIA WR 5W-40", I dont think TASS will directly sell to us,
    what will be the cost of 4 litr engine oil. I think Linea need 3.5 litrs of enging oil.

what are the other fluids we can directly buy and change on our own to maintain the car in good condition.

Thanks,
    Ram.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TASS should sell it to any customer. Otherwise how will you top-up the engine oil?
  3. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    they change the engine oil as part of the scheduled service, i will check with them today if they sell it for outside.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Thanks Ravi for quick reply, I just checked with TASS(Concord Sanath Nagar) over a phone. they told me that they are getting the barrel and not getting any more 1 Liter /4 Litre Selenia bottels which they used to get before, so they cannot sell it outside we need to take the vehicle there to get it changed or topup.

This is really bad not sure why they stopped selling 1 litre & 4 litre cans, which we can buy and keep it in vehicle for emergency use.

thanks,
    rama.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Normally they don't give any consumables.It all depends upon ur relationship with TASS.While my 5th service Around 1\2 litre of oil was remaining which he gave me for future topping.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I bought a litre can from KVR Kannur,Kerala recently. I didnt know anyone there and visited there only to buy oil and coolant. Was around Rs.260 for selenia. I have bought selenia from Bangalore too without any issues. I had even bought a litre from Concorde in a bisleri bottle. :)
    That it doesnt come in one litre can is a lie!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    All fluids can be bought from ASS over the counter and small spares like wiper, indicators, ORVM etc too
  7. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks for your reply, I will try to buy from ASS .
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you want to change the oil on your own, then look further than the Selenia. Much better oils available, although pricey.

Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 , Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40 , Castrol Edge etc etc. Petronas Syntium fully synthetic 5w40 is another oil and is quite okay on the price front. A friend is using this in his Linea D.

Motul 8100 Xcess explicitly conforms to FIAT oil specification 9.55535-N2 ( This specification is mentioned in the Linea owner's manual) . So using this wouldn't be an issue with regards to inane claims of warranty getting void etc.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I think what ramu_dodda is saying is correct, may be for a few TASC's.

1.5 year back, suddenly plan for a Goa trip formalised. The TASC nearest to my office was Tata company repair shop, worli. I wanted to buy Petrona's coolant. But TASC refused saying it's not sold over the counter. I asked them to top up the coolant & give the remaining to me which they did.
    1 person likes this.