1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion suddenly breakdown

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ajai, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    My Linea 2010 emotion suddenly breakdown yesterday and I send it to service center by crane. Kashyap Fiat guy called me and told that there may be breakage of timing chain or other issue.

Plz help me what can be cause of sudden breakdown of engine.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  3. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Hello!!! I read that thread. But my linea suddenly broke down on main road. So just want to confirm whether a timing belt can be damage like that or there may be some other problem. My linea is touching 100,000 kms and we havent change timing chain.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Could be better if you had mentioned the errors you saw on the MID, makes it easier for members to comment about the actual reason for breakdown.
    Any particular reason why the timing chain was not replaced at 60k kms. Didnt FASS mandatorily replace the same?
    prabhjot, Deepak and mchanna like this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ajai
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Why did you skipped the Timing chain replacement schedule ? Thats a big mistake you have done,its a bomb to pocket.
    As @ghodlur mentioned wasnt you were advised by FASS advisor for the timing chain change ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ajai

ajai Timido

India
    Thank God.
    Damage was not great. FASS told me due to wear in CAMSHAFT it broke thus the timing chain. My driver didnt tried much with the ignition and side the car and tow to service center and save from the damage. They changed the camshaft and timing chain which cost around 11K with labour and taxes. Previously this car was with my uncle so I didnt know whether it was changed or not.
    Guys thanks for your advises.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Happy to know that the problem solved.
  8. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Didn't you observe any warning sounds before the breakdown......
    Usually worn out timing chain should have given you warning!