1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion - problems with gear change

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sri, Jun 14, 2011.

1. they solution is very simple and wont need any expenditure. fiat has called back vehicles for the clutch slave cylinder replacement. just visit any good fiat/tata service center and ask for the slave cylinder replacement. things would be perfect after the change is done. i am posting this from my personal experience.

note- they slave cylinder would be replaced free of cost only if the vehicle is under warranty. else the owner would have to pay for it.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GUys my rides done 29924 kms,.so third service is due
    U think they'll change the clutch slave cylinder if at all its the wrong one, after covering so many kilometers on it. Also the warranty is still intact
  3. They will change clutch slave cylinder irrespective of whether its working fine or not because there was a manufacturing defect in some outsourced lot of the same..
  4. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Got the Clutch Slave cylinder changed.. Will let you know if it has solved the problem...
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  5. Hi Sri,

after CSC change is the gear shift smooth??

Guys i m facing gear shift issue on my punto 1.3 MJT 75HP, may 2011 model. Kms done 2600. Yesterday while coming from office, i was on traffic jam and it was very hard to shift the gear to 1 or 2, i try hard and shifted to 2. i have noticed gear shift issue quite sometime, basically for 1 or 2 gear.
  6. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Nope. still same issue
  7. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    Repeat occurrence of the problem. . the entire gear control mechanism was replaced under warranty. will check if it fixes the problem. gear changes seems to be far smoother.
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I definitely agrees with you.....the moment i filled diesel yesterday , my punto gear shifts became very hard . 1st gear was almost impossible to slot in . Before the filling of diesel , gear shifts were pretty normal . So i believe gear shifts have something to do with the fuel .
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    All the automobile engineers should commit a suicide after reading this joke :)
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx rancounter. It's a pleasure for me at least you could got what I had mentioned about gearshifting problem.As I had mentioned earlier I have experienced this type of behaviour even on Pulsar 150,180 & 220 FI. On my former 75 bhp. & now on 90 HP also.