1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion - problems with gear change

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sri, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    OT-

Bhai, recently our Linea had a tire puncture. I'm suspecting bad fuel to be the culprit here.

Gurjinder.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Are you just joking or anyother aim to write like this ?
  3. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    clutch slave cylinder needs to be change for ur problem.. if ur pick up is normal.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is precisely what i wanted to tell you when i read your post regarding gear change issues being caused by bad fuel.

Please do not forward unsubstantiated claims on the forum. Respect its dignity by not proposing wild theories.
    It's a sincere request.

Gurjinder.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OK !

But we should not concentrate only on Automobile theory knowledge.
    Practlcle knowledge & experiences in real life are also important to solve problems.

I am getting this experience from 2002 when I had owned Pulsar 150 (Classic)
    Then in 2005 of my Pulsar 180 Dts-i

& then from 2007 to now Pulsar 220 DTS-FI

If this theory is wrong then how my 3 Pulsars are showing same symptoms ?
    I mean smooth gearshift on good fuel & bad gearshift on bad fuel.

Anyway if you are not ready to beleive on this therory then forget it. But please no personal comments & critic.
    Iam not insisting to anyone to accept this practicle knowledge experience.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @sri

buddy the KKrrrr sound wen u shift to reverse is normal upto some extent..Its given in the manual clearly..guess u havent referred it..You have to engage the clutch fully for 2secs b4 u shift to reverse to prevent damage to the gears and grating (Pge 97 Using the manual gearbox)

Even I've got my clutch assembly changed under warranty..Sumtimes due to my negligence the KKKrrrrr sound appears wenever i shift in a hurry :D

@bhai

I guess ur area is plagued with adulterated fuel..a suggestion u shud start using public transport cuz all the govt buses/autos run on diesel n cng i guess...arent they facing this prob too??? Why only ur 2 & 4 wheelers give out such symptoms?? Or mabbe u need to adapt to better driving techniques :)
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. Sri

Sri Novizio

Bangalore
    I dont have any issues with shifting to reverse gear. there is no"krrr" sound either when changing gears. The problem is that after driving for long distances at 100kmph or above, the gear gets stuck when shifted to 4th gear or when shifting out of it. It requires great effort to shift in and out of ONLY 4th gear.

8. get the gearbox checked. i think some dust must have got inside.
    and get the oil changed..
  9. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    @nitin
    how much did the pressure plates cost?

even if changed under warranty,u might know the figure
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Cost was around Rs 1100.