1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes home :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gonugupta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    From the snaps it does seem to be the case. If you look closely not only have the minor patterns disappeared but the very small blocks linking the bigger blocks on the outer sides are very clearly visible in your case, whereas in the new tire these can be seen only at some depth. You may want to locate the tread depth markers. The little triangles usually found on the shoulders, the top tips of which indicate the usable depth of the treads.

While diesel cars are known to consume tires at a faster rate than their petrol cousins, 10K does seem premature.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Thanks khoj.

I will for sure check the tread depth

What could be cause of premature worn out?

Shall I go for tyre change?

I have read that worn suspension parts can reduce tyre's life (source http://www.wikihow.com/Know-when-Car-Tires-Need-Replacing), is this true? Could worn suspension parts be the culprit?
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Guptaji,

Is the tread wear uniform for both front and rear tyres or is it only for the front?

Have you interchanged the front and rear wheels (normally called as tire rotation) sometime before? I normally did this every 5000kms for my Palio and the Michelin XM1s lasted over 65000kms.

With best regards,
    Deepak
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The threads on my car too look worn out. But its not entirely true. Got this piece of info from the one of the reputed dealers Tyre dealers in Bangalore.

The tyres supplied as OEM tyres to the factory would be slightly different to the one sold as retail. May be the cost that it is bought by the manufacturer is the reason. Let me check with one of the new cars in the yard and confirm.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Couldn't believe this entirely. Remember that J. Ravi sir drove 50k Kms before changing the stock tyres. teky and linealover drove around 45000 kms before changing the tyres. All are GT3.

But, I have Accelere and there are signs that I may need to change it within couple of thousands of Kms. My odo currently reads 31,000.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My 2 cents: Since treads in the middle have gone away, it could be a case of overfilling air in tyres. I checked snaps on page 2 when your car was new and treads were present. If you fill air from one petrol pump check out the air pressure from another one. It is possible that the air pump was not properly and hence resulted in excessive air pressure. How has the car ride been during this 10K?
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looking at this thread, I observed tyre pattern of my 5000 km old Punto. I have Goodyear GT3. What I notice is minor patterns have faded more on the front tyre compared to rear which I presume i normal due to more load on front tyres. Not sure whether this is a matter of concern now. Recently during first service apart from wheel alignment, got balancing done too; just to rule out the possibility of any unusual tyre wear or damage to alloys. TASS people told nothing to worry and we shall do the tyre rotation during second service as its not needed now.

8. Did you go for the tyre rotation@ 5k kms?if not please consider doing it ASAP to ensure longer tyre life...
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tyre rotation wasnt done at 5000kms! It is @ 5,200 kms on the odo now. Even I was thinking of getting it done. Thanks for pointing out. I did check with the SE. But he was like it will be done after 10k! At that point of time did not recollect the first service 'to do' things even though had gone through the manual regarding the same previous night :uh I shall get it done probably over the weekend.

Btw, sorry for highjacking Guptaji's thread! :)
  10. SE with little knowledge are dangerous for our cars,I went for the tyre roatation,alignment,balancing@52XX kms only..Btw when you are going for rotation get the balancing done as well..