1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes home :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gonugupta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure! Check in Ebay for IPOP door guards. Try your luck :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

Forget about brands, quality in these kind of things does not matter a lot, pay a visit to kashmiri gate or karol bagh whichever suits you better, you'll definitely find what you want and cheap too. These things are pretty common these days.
    1 person likes this.
  3. An experience called Yamuna Expressway!

Yesterday I fulfilled my wish to drive on Yamuna E'way! The Drive was AMAZING!!!! I will share the positives & negatives (IMO) in this post but it is an experience to drive on this E'way! Simply awesome!

E'way experience:

We started at 06:00 AM and reached at E'way's entry point at around 06:40 AM (after filling my Linea's tank) and at exact 08:20 AM we entered Agra! It took around 1 hour and 40 mins to reach Agra from the first entry point of E'way from Noida. Not bad I guess! I maintained a speed of 120 KMPH (with few shots of 160 KMPH) and it was like crawling @ 120 KMPH.

1) One can maintain a steady speed almost for the entire stretch!
    2) No or very very thin traffic
    3) No potholes
    4) We can get single ticket till Agra with 24 hours validity from very first toll plaza

1) Stray dogs and they keep crossing the road
    2) I saw no lamppost on the divider that means night driving would be challenging on such an empty stretch
    3) Saw few boys (villagers) jogging in the extreme right lane and few were strolling
    4) In the entire stretch, we saw only one e’way patrol car.
    5) Filthy rest rooms, stinking like anything!
    6) Restaurants at toll plazas do not open before 9:00 AM so if you are driving early, get your b’fast with you . As restaurants were not open while going so not sure about their menus and while coming back we did not care to stop. You will miss the dhabas of NH1. I missed badly!

There are total of three toll plazas. We got single ticket of INR 510 from first toll plaza till Agra with 24 hours validity

Even though negatives are more than positives but still it was a great experience and I enjoyed my drive the fullest with bare minimum use of pedal C.

Few snaps:

Entry point from Noida E'way:

Yamuna E'way... driver's paradise!

Toll palza:

The Taj :)

On few lines about my beloved Linea

Drive was awesome and it was fun to drive Linea on E’way. I had few shots of 160 KMPH without any single sign of strain or vibration. Steering felt rock solid.

Below is the average that I got in this trip

I got this average while doing 120 KMPH with few shots of 160 KMPH, not bad IMO!

Even though I have been keeping my Linea in power band almost daily but I never heard a whistle after 2 K rpm mark and I always wondered where that turbo whistle is?

Yesterday I did hear that whistle and at first, I was like what noise is that? Then I realized that its turbo whine. Being new to the world of turbo, would request knowledgeable members to confirm that “whistle noise” is perfectly fine?

Linea parked after crossing toll plaza (after Aligarh exit)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    5 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

From the photographs, I understand that you took Aligarh road exit to reach Agra. From Google Map, I see that Yamuna Expressway terminates at Kanpur road [NH 2] after Aligarh exit. I am planning to drive in my Linea on Yamuna Expressway in October on my way to HP. Of the two entry points available, viz., Aligarh road and NH 2, which one is better to take while coming from Gwalior? Is the toll the same for entry from both Aligarh road and Kanpur road? I don't mind driving a longer distance on NH 2.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Actually I uploaded only one random pic of toll that happened to be Aligarh one:). I clicked pics of all the three tolls one but as they all are same so uploaded any one but I did take the last exit that meets with NH-2 (Mathura/Hathras toll plaza) and from there took U-turn to go to Agra (around 12 KMs from U-turn).

Yes thats correct and that's where I exited the Yamuna E'way.

I am not sure about NH-93 (which is Aligarh road, if I am not wrong) as I took NH-2 from "itmad ud daulah". NH-93 will connect you to Rambagh entry point of Yamuna E'way.

Regarding toll rates, not sure though, but as they cannot verify that a vehicle has entered from which entry point (NH-2 or Rambagh) hence toll might be same.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

#Mods, request you to please change "SSB" to "SBB" in my thread title "Linea Emotion 2012 SSB comes homes". So after change it would read "Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes homes"

Also is it possible to change the post title in post #54 from "call" to "called" ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @gonugupta- I have updated the thread title and also the heading in post 54.

By the way, IIRC, My FIAT World shared your thread on facebook and even that says SSB only (I might be wrong). So check for error there as well. :p
    2 people like this.
  7. Thanks mate!

:) I got that correct :) Infact this error ("SBB") was first noticed by dj.nish and than followed the corrections :)
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

Hai guys. Mine is a 2010 Linea. The GC is very bad in this. During the time of delivery when i asked dealership whether there is any ways to increase the GC, but they said none. Are there anyone in here who has increased the GC my any means? Please share information.
  9. I have just received call from Fiat Italy :) It was a feedback call. I read about such calls coming to Fiat buyers but totally surprised when I got the call!
    Even though it was normal feedback call but I am feeling happy :)

Also I mentioned side-ways sliding issue to them so let's see the effectiveness of this call!!

pammuluvcars - kvk has done the gc upgrade and here's the link:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    These are awesome pics of Yamuna Expressway, thanks for these pics. Single toll is a really good move. By the way had you stopped in other toll plaza for showing ticket, or there are separate way for to-fro ticket holders.
    2 people like this.