1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes home :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gonugupta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Dear gupta sir,
    congrats!!! its simply awesome in SBB.

sir, please do remove the sticker from boot and paste it on right corner of bumper.

boot is a gorgeous part of linea,so leave as plain as simple.
    2 people like this.
  2. Thanks linealover!

I am not sure if sticker can be removed now (it may tear off). I will try it for sure :)

No doubt, Linea is gorgeous from all angles:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Update after first service

It’s been 7 days and 670 KM since my Linea got its first service. Also I got alignment and balancing done. While getting balancing done, I noticed that Linea has a “Sticker” type of weight rather than usual weight which is fixed on the edge of wheel by using a little hammering. That was the new thing for me!

Drive has become much smoother, even while doing 120 KMPH it does not feel like, giving much confidence to driver (me :)). I am not sure if it’s because of balancing as earlier I used to feel that the car is doing high speeds but now I don’t! Service guys did not do anything great in first service as it was just a kind of check-up so I am assuming it has to do something with balancing!

Gear shift are becoming much smoother day by day but still rubbery.

Yesterday I went again to service center (Oberoi, Sec-63, Noida) to get noises, coming out of left front door and parcel tray, fixed. Noise coming from left front door got fixed after a lot of effort put in by Devendra (the mechanic). We drove Linea on rough patch with left front door’s “padding” open in order to locate the exact cause and he hit the bull’s eye and fixed it!

It’s much like us, the software guys, who use to fix the bug while “de-bugging” it in production environment and fix it so it holds valid for all, I guess :)

Rear parcel tray noise is still not fixed as I had to go somewhere else so running out of time, will get this done during my another visit.

Regarding “sliding sideway” issue that I am facing, it’s still there and I feel it on very few potholes. Again I did not have much time so SA (Anuj and Hari bal) and CRM lady told me that they would diagnose in my next visit. Other than this, there’s no issue so far.

I am loving the drive of Linea, I guess it took time to get adjust the way Lines drives and the kind of steering feedback one gets. Steering lets me know even the smallest thing the tyre goes over.

Door Guards

When I finalized my deal with Oberoi Motors, Sec-1, Noida, I asked for door guards as a part of deal. Avinash (the sales guy) confirmed from his seniors and promised me the same. I took delivery on 27-Jun-12 without guards and had been following up since then. Finally Shivani (CRM lady) told me on Friday (08/24) that door guards have arrived and I can collect the same. When I received the door guards, I was disappointed! Below is what I got.

IMG00299-20120825-1727.jpg

Somehow I did not like these guards as I was told that I would get “all chrome” door guards. I am not putting these on my Linea and they will spoil the looks, IMO. I am searching if I can get “all chrome” door guards.

Door Sill

Yesterday I got door sill installed. Below are pics, apologies for really bad quality of pics :)

IMG00294-20120825-1345.jpg

IMG00296-20120825-1418.jpg

I have a query here. I saw few Lineas of Sun Beam Beige (SSB) color (not sure if it’s same Linea). I found that SSB color was faded and it didn’t look nice. I am afraid if my Linea’s color will also get fade? My Linea gets washed daily with normal water (no additives). Infact my Xeta’s color did not fade (it was Salsa Red). So the query is – Will normal washing keep SSB color the way it is or do I need to take some extra care of it? I do not want SSB to fade out!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It depends on where you park your Linea. If it is in garage or under covered parking, then no worries.:) Avoid exposure of your Linea to harsh sunlight.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Most of the time my Linea rests under shade as I have a basement parking at my residence and office. Most of the malls have basement parking so it saves there also except for few markets where basement is not an option but I guess parking once in a while under Sun may not harm color!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Auto wiper

I would like to share my experience with Auto wiper feature of 2012 Linea.

Now that Delhi/NCR is experiencing heavy rains, I keep my wiper setting on “Auto”. This feature works well at few instances and at other I feel that manual is a better option :). So it’s a mixed usage.

When wiper is set to Auto, it senses the rain and starts. Speed of wiper depends on rain and speed of vehicle. But sometime this logic fails and wiper moment becomes slow when it is expected to move faster.

Today while coming back from office, auto feature worked quite well and time interval between two consecutive wipes was just perfect! It was drizzling (after a spell of heavy rainfall) and I was stuck in traffic then I noticed that auto feature is working just perfect!
    2 people like this.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Buddy do not install those guards on the door they are pathetic.
  8. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

nice choice of color... happy motoring :)
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes! You get much better designs outside. Check out some near by accessory shop. 'IPOP' brand has good designs are of good quality as well..
  10. Naah mate! I will not install those pathetic looking guards on my beauty. My beauty deserves much better than these ones!

Thanks eNVe!

Agreed! Actually I am looking for "all chrome" door gaurds, not sure if same comes in IPOP brand?