1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes home :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gonugupta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Have you tyre roration recently?

If yes then I can tell you the issue...

Anicaution
  2. Yes I checked, tread wear is more or less uniform for both front and rear tyres. I get alignment done on every 2 or 2.5K KM and balancing done at every 5K. First balancing on my Linea was done at 5K and now when she crossed 10K I got it done again and noticed this thing.

Tyre rotation done during balancing @ 5K but this time (during balancing @ 10K) I asked tyre wala for rotataion, he said we will check and if need be he will do. I did not push him to rotate.

I get nitrogen filled at recommended level (35 or 36/33) initially but now I get nitrogen filled to 33/33 or 32 (F/R).

I do not feel bumpy ride on rough patch but do feel bumps while taking over rough patch (potholes). Not sure if this has answered your question?

Its perfectly fine mate :)

Tyres rotated at 5K KM

Tyres getting worn out at 10K.. not able to accept this...
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How was the tyre treads when you bought the car? Tyres getting worn out at 10K can't be accepted, for any tyre.

EDIT - I just checked your initial posts and this picture shows the tyre was fine -

25342d1341067446-linea-emotion-2012-sbb-comes-home-dsc00108.jpg

Check with Goodyear, what they have to say.

Even I doubt this piece of information.
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Thats it...

Please check the wheel allignment report for rear wheels.

Verify the angles etc...

This might me isse with rear axle and angle adjustments.

I also faced same issue as my all tyres worn out early i.e. 25K Kms only.

So after first change I verified and done the diagnosis. That time I stopeed doing rotaiton as a result only rear tyres got worn out.

I you keem on rotationg all tyres will worn out. Issue is with rear fittment.

I got rectified this problem at 69,000 Kms after loosing 2 sets of tyre change.

Anicaution
  5. Thanks Ravi, just called Good Year and registered a complaint. Now waiting for call back for appointment confirmation.

Thanks mate, will check the report.
  6. Got call back from Good Year and fixed appointment for Monday (11/12), will update once inspection done by GY engg.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have no reason to suspect his claim as I personally know the person for almost a decade now. The OEM tyres and the retail tyres of the same make and model command different price from the Tyre Manufacturer. I cannot give you further details on this, so its left to you to perceive it in a way comfortable to you.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Though tyre rotation is a good practice.
    But i feel its overrated,i never get tyres rotated in my vehicles,still never faced uneven wear or reduced life.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Since you have been maintaining correct pressure (please confirm by cross-checking at another pump), it appears that anicaution may be right. Please check below thread on a recall issue

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/technical/3517-linea-rear-axle-replacement.html
    1 person likes this.
  10. I met GY service engg on Monday (12 Nov) and as per service engg, tyres are ok and doing fine. He measured tread depth, right front tyre had 5mm depth whereas the remaining three had 6 mm.

I showed him the bald area of tyres and he said that its normal and the small tread would go away with time. I told him that I agree and I know that tread would go away but at 10K KM?

Again he said its normal. So all in all thats a waste of my time as I had to run from my office to a tyre shopee where meeting was fixed and came back to office after meeting.. total waste of time!!

Anyways, I would go to TASS soon.. may be next weekend.
    1 person likes this.