1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Emotion 2012 SBB comes home :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by gonugupta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. So finally my wait of two years got over and that very special moment indeed arrived! Yesterday (06/27) I got my Linea delivered :)
    New car buy is in itself a different experience all together and when car is Linea then the experience all the more different!!

It's an amazing feeling that's coming thru !!

Delivery experience:

Overall experience was good. We reached dealership and saw this beauty at entrance gate and guessed that this is our beauty.

Greeted by Avinash, we were taken to a cabin where we completed few formalities and handedover documents of Xeta. It was an emotional moment to say good-bye to companion of 6 years that travelled with me more than 87K KM.

After completing Xeta (my previous car) paper work, we were given a bunch of booklets/papers of linea and Avinash gave us an overview what all documents are about.

After wait of 2 hours, finally we were called downstairs and a demo was given and its time to take the keys and drive away. First stop was petrol pump and wow man! 40 L @ 1681 INR :)

One thing I noticed while doing a general PDI of car that VIN mentioned in car was different from what was given to me. I asked this to Avinash but did not get satisfactory answer. I did not take this further because VIN that was given to me has ELZ as last three characters that mean May 2012 and the last three characters of my linea’s VIN are FLZ that means Jun 2012 :). So I have the car that's manufactured in June, so thought no point in discussing!

Today I took my Linea to work and covered around 100 KM. Few obervations:

1) Audio system is not as per my liking, may be some setting needs to done. I will go thru the manual during weekend and explore the features
    2) Getting used to narrow foot well (after all I am expolited by Tata Indica Xeta SPACE for 6 years)!
    3) ABS warning light keeps on glowing and a message flashes - "ABS not available". Called Avinash, will go to service station on weekend. What could be cause of it, any ideas/gyan ?
    4) While shifting gears, as soon as I release clutch and press accelerator, I get a jerk. May be its a matter of getting used to, right? Or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.
    5) After 80 KM (2K rpm) its a different beast all together! Is there any run-in period? I did not find any mention in manual. I touched 100 today, could not resist. I was tempted to push it further but did not go as its brand new car!
    6) Good NVH levels
    7) AC is quite effective and cools sooner
    8) Loved steering!! amazing!

Will come up with more after driving more:)

Pics in next post!!</SPAN>
    7 people like this.
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Congrats and nice write-up! enjoy!!
  3. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Gonugupta..
    Don't over speed so early..if you cannot manage with this,then put on the speed buzzer at a specific speed..This helps a lot.Even i did this on my Linea..it's really giving a good mileage..
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    So finally you have got your dream car. Congrats man.
    Enjoy your car.

Officially there is no run in period and this issue has been debated several times in the forum earlier. Please refer to those posts.
    More than the speed it is the RPM that should be limited in the initial period.
    This is your car and in my opinion there is no harm in driving within the limit initially if it gives better mileage and smoother engine after the run in period.

Could'nt view the pictures, think they need to be uploaded properly.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Pics are not available
  6. Can anyone let me know the way of uploding pics? I used the "Insert Image" option and its showing links instead of pics and links were opening last night when I uploaded but now its not opening?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Upload the pictures as attchment, go to "Go Advanced" option and use "Manage Attachment" option.
  8. Thanks! Will try and upload once at home.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats GonuGupta....

Have fun with your FIAT... Stay safe...

cheers...

Neel
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your Linea. Wish you a happy ride.