1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea ECU Remap for A/C Issues

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mathuranuj, Aug 24, 2012.

1. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Hello All

I heard that FIAT has a solution for all those people who are facing an issue with the AC in their cars. The ECU is being reprogrammed so that the AC becomes more effective.:clap This is also not a generic call back. This will be done during the normal servicing of the cars.

Quite a few people have got this done in their Lineas. Anybody else has any knowledge of the same?
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i dont think anyone from TFI has done that till now.....
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Which year and variant Linea do you have.

Can you confirm from these quite a few people what exactly was done to their cars.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    yes muthu , during my buying of linea during 2010 they were saying that power has been increased to 93 ps for linea's and i asked about low ac they said they have tuned ECU for that and also you may know they have done some modification for AC cooling later on . Previously it was 90 ps , correct if wrong.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    An ECU remap was called for in 2010 IIRC. That was not meant for AC issues however. It was meant to provide better driveability. I had got it done. For AC issues, the only thing that has been done by Fiat thus far is the provision of a new AC kit with a larger fan. This kit has done the job for almost all Fiat owners. The original post seems to be more of hearsay than any concrete report.
  6. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    @Gurjinder - I have a 2011 T-Jet.

As per the info provided for details on reprogramming... They just hook up the car to their portable examiner system, and update the software for the automatic climate control system. Takes about 2 hours or so for the whole process.

This update is free and there are no costs involved.

I have written a mail to FIAT on this and awaiting response from them.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I had to dig through my older posts about ECU remap, and I found out it was done in Jun 2010. The purpose of ECU map then was to optimize the automatic A/C cutoff based on engine RPM. This was done because people used to complaint about ACC cutting off at lower RPM.
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Mine had the remap done during AC upgradation last year. The reason was that the ac used to cut off during slow city speeds which resulted in low cooling.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I had checked with the guys here as I have had some issue or the other with my AC in my MJD. ASS is not aware of this as of that time (3 weeks back). I will verify with the ASS guys once again.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Anuj, what is your month of manufacture and where are you located? If you are in NCR region, which dealer did this upgrade?

What difference do you see with the reprogramming? Is the AC more effective or the load on the engine due to AC has reduced?