1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Dynamic 2015 - ECU Flashing

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ratnasan, Aug 4, 2016.

1. ratnasan

ratnasan Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I received a call from my Fiat dealer to bring my car for a ECU flashing, which Fiat has adviced to have the cars updated for software which will help to reduce emission. This is applicable for cars released from 2014 end till date.

Has any of other folks in the group has received such calls, if so have you got more details on the ECU flashing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  2. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, i too got a call from dealer for ECU update. I m thinking of getting it done this Saturday.

No idea what the update does though. Dealer said Fiat has given circulars to all dealers for this update.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    The update was released for emission control for selected VIN's.
    It is same for all 90 HP Punto, Avventura and Linea. Also they were gifting customer's with Fiat panda toy, after the update.
  4. subhash_chellam

subhash_chellam Timido

Hosur
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,
    Is there any change in performance after the update. Fiat panda toy for free. I don't think so. Let me check with my dealer. Right now car is in A$$ for software update and minor paint touch ups.
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Performance wise I feel it has reduced top speed earlier used to touch 185+ easily, but now reduced to 175kmph. One more thing noticed on my car is that between 1500-2000RPM there is a kind of missing feel after the update. Service advisor told that Fiat might have changed the egr timing which is causing that. I felt I should not have done this update, earlier update was really superb in regards to performance.

But I see almost nil smoke after the update even under hard acceleration. Also check with other members few members had good feedback.