1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea door weather seal/strip

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Saji Babu, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Hi Folks,

In case if you guys have noticed,
    the Linea door weather seals does not cover the whole Red Marked area and makes the area marked green dirty very often especially in rains. Though any water/dirt don't enter the cabin, the area remains dirty or dusty even in normal days.

I have seen full weather seals in Ciaz and few other cars. Fellow Tfian Pradeep checked with a few and told me that it's the same for all Fiats and can't be added.

I see this in 99rpm
    Not sure if this is the same.

Any thoughts?? Anybody tried DIY's :)

Ciaz btw

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    @Saji Babu As far as I remember, linea doors have full rubber seal, what is your linea variant?
  3. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    From the looks of it, it seems the CIAZ needs that extra lining to make an airlock. In Linea the single beading does the same job. Be rest assured its not there since its not needed.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Saji's point is more towards how can we prevent the area marked in green in his pictures from getting dusty / murky and if we install an additional beading like the one shown in CIAZ to avoid the situation.

I too face similar issue on my Linea where the marked area in green becomes dusty.

The weather seal / beading pointed out (in blue) by sunny boi prevents the dust from entering the cabin, however is there a way to restrict it from settling on the highlighted area in green.

Kindly share your opinion, thank you in advance folks.

PS : Saji's Car is Linea MJD - Emotion and mine is Linea MJD - Dynamic.

6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Yes, That's what I mentioned. Water or dust does not enter the cabin but the area marked in green is always dusty/dirty in normal usage itself without rains. I never experienced it in my old Swift and Ford where it had full weather strips.

One of fiatworld members told that he was experimenting with soundproofing his car with these kind of weather seals which he bought. Might hear from later next month..