1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Door Handles

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by Robin, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All, based on my 3 months of experience with my linea I want to higlight few facts for everyone's attention.

1. No electrically adjustable ORVMs. This is a pain especially in limited parking areas where you have to fold and unfold the ORVM manually every time you park and ride your car.
    2. Seat back support. I' ve felt slight discomfort while driving especially with my back as I feel the seat back support not as ergonomic as it should be.
    3. Door handles. How many of you have felt the door handles of linea similar to a small Maruti or hyundai cars ??? I mean for a car like linea with heavy doors it makes more sense to have a handle which you can grab with your hand than the one which requires only 4 fingers. I have not seen similar door handles in any other mid size sedan than linea (old and new both) which is really sad. Such door handles suits a hatchback and not a full sized sedan with heavy doors. I hope FIAT should consider this in their next upgrade.

Best Regards
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi buddy,
    I agree with your first point, they should have provided this, atleast in facelift .
    For remaining points, I never felt discomfort, try some more combinations.
    And for door handles type, I personally prefer this flap type handle, especially with linea's clean profile.
    It's of very good quality too.
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I have a different take on electrically adjustable ORVMs. If any tom dick and harry manage to damage the ORVMs then you are in soup. In country like India where every now and then some or other biker somehow manage to kiss the ORVMs i think its better to stick to practical working model than some fancy stuff. :)

About seat yes its difficult to find tht perfect position in FIAT but, once you manage to find it you can continue for 8-9-10 hours!!! Trust me. So, for next few days try to make small change here and there and see if you can make those seats more comfortable.
  4. amiablefiend

amiablefiend Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea Classic
    Well electrically adjustable OVRMs are sure a fancy stuff but I have not had any issues otherwise with manual ones!

Seat Supports and adjustment does take a while to figure out and then again if someone goofs around with it.. well it is a lil pain to get back to your 'Favorite position' but yes once you are there the feeling is...(pun intended) :p

As for door handles yes they at times feel a lil inadequate for a strudy door like that of punto's.

Recently I was ferried around the city in an ETIOS cab. And it made me realize the difference in Fiat material and Toyota's Scrap!!

However my chief woes are mileage (kitna deti hai) and I feel lag in my engine on High gears specially 5th and this happens after about 8 months of last service!