1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea diesel or t-jet?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by romeo_alpha, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Sirji, that's a blatant lie. Considering everything to be same there's an additional cost of around 1700 - petrol filter cost associated with the T-jet. There should definitely be a 1000 Rs difference if I am not wrong. 1000 mien tho I get atleast 3/4 tank of diesel.
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    I think we can calculate staright forward.
    Your monthly driving is 2000km.
    1.option MJD- Diesel price Rs. 55(assumed), Mileage=20kmpl
    No. of Liters= 2000/20=100
    Total running cost= 100 Ltrs X Rs 55= Rs 5500/- per month
    2.option Tjet- Petrol price Rs. 65, Mileage=14kmpl
    No. of Liters= 2000/14=142
    Total running cost= 142 Ltrs X Rs 65= Rs 9230/- per month

For MJD there will be extra maintenance cost of Approx Rs.3-4K per year more than T-jet.
    So now you can decide
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Diesel would cost around 42-43

So total running cost = 4300 /- per month.

And about 9300 on the petrol per month.

So , romeo alpha, do your math wisely ! :wink:
  4. looking at your monthly running, MJD ll suit you better..
    T jet sure s an awesome drive but the economics dont suggest that.
    Petrol s already deregulated and the prices are continously going up.
    I dont think that diesel ll be completely deregulated as it ll effect the overall inflation which already s very high
  5. romeo_alpha

romeo_alpha

Friends,

In my city cost of 1lit petrol is Rs.63 and diesel is Rs.40....and with the calculation I can save Rs 5k every month which will turn 60k in a year and even the extra service cost of 3-4k is okay for me...
    So I'm going with 1.3MJD emotion pk...Just now the sales guy called me and I told my decision he said that bossa nova white and minimal silver are readily available n for foxtrot azure I've to wait for 20days..I liked linea very much in sunbeam beige(TD t-jet was in that color) but came to know frm him that both sunbeam beige and bronzo scuro are only for t-jet(so sad)....As white gives the elegant feel I've chosen bossa nova white...
    Planning to take delivery on my daughter's b'day :)

Well thank you all for ur inputs....happy to be a part of fiat family....

What are all the accessories that would enhance the white beauty...pl let me know
  6. Congrats Romeo.
    Regarding the add-ons, i think you can go for reverse parking sensors and tints. Everything else is there in the E pack.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great choice

Make sure u do a detailed PDI , and inquire about the manufacturing date of the cars readily available with the dealer .
    Just ask for the car's VIN number , and the last three digits will give you the manufacturing date.

e.g.
    AMZ= Jan 2011
    BMZ = Feb 2011
    CMZ = Mar 2011
  8. romeo_alpha

romeo_alpha

friends,

Went to showroom on saturday and the sales executive had shown other colors minimal grey,red,azure and told that medium grey has been stopped. His TL told that CMZ(white n wine) are also available but I told them clearly that I'm gonna take delivery in may 1st week so try to give me DMZ...spl thanks to Gujinder...

Coming sunday I'm planning to book the vehicle.......
  9. Are you getting the car from Concorde or VST ?
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on selecting the right car, The dealer just wants to clear off his stock by giving you the cars lying in the stock, Demand for the Color you want and will get it, as you are paying your hard earned money and should get the color of your choice.