1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea diesel or t-jet?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by romeo_alpha, Mar 24, 2011.

1. romeo_alpha

romeo_alpha

Hi all,

I'm new to teamfiat and proud to be part of fiat team.When I planned to own a sedan of I came to about Fiat linea through my friend.Then took the test drive at Concorde motors ,Chennai. Those curves impressed me a lot ::T and now came the twist whether to buy the awesome t-jet or the multijet
    I'll be driving 2000kms per month and I'm taking the car on loan and so my wife tries to convince me for FE of the multijet whereas I flattered with smooth t-jet
    Also came to know that there an additional excise duty for diesel vehicles or govt is going to revise diesel prices ::pP
    T-jet looking great when compared to its fire version.So is there also any new upgradations for diesel version too.... i'll wait :-? :-?

Please help me guys...
  2. Hi Romeo, welcome to TFI.

Everyone has this confusion, whether to go for economy of Diesel or the Power of TJet.
    In my personal opinion, i would suggest, go for the TJet if you love performance driving. If you think economy, go for Diesel.

You may also go through this thread viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1612
  3. romeo_alpha

romeo_alpha

Thanks for the immediate reply bnzjon

I'm very happy happy that you are having sunbeam beige t-jet+ loved linea in that color....
    well any idea of any upgrade for diesel....
  4. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    If you enjoy driving and don't really mind paying atleast 2rs. extra per km then TJET it is.
  5. Heard that 1.6 diesel is on cards and might be launched somewhere in Nov-Dec this year. Not sure though.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Romeo Alpha,
    I suggest that you go for MJD Linea. i've also read at this forum about the 1.6MJD but seeing the time FIAT takes in launching a model after an official announcement, I personally don't t ink they'll launch it before Mid 2012.
    1.3MJD has sufficient power for me but the requirement varies from person to person.

T-JET has awesome power but it would not make economical sense at 2000km/month.

The decision won't be easy.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    TJET all the way... it gives you 13-14 per liter .....
    its a better drive than MJD....
  8. Depends on how deep your pockets are ;-). diesel will have some extra maintenance compared to the T-jet. However the fuel price will offset it. Drivability T-jet would be better but on the highways the Mjet will have near performance at speeds above 75 to 140 and will be lighter on the pocket. Refinement is better in the t-jet but the multiJets have adapted themselves to the Indian conditions. I hope I have confused you further ;-)
  9. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    MJD is the way to go - buy Tjet if your company is paying for the fuel period
  10. romeo_alpha

romeo_alpha

First of all thanks 2 kailash,cyberdoctorind,paddleshifter,ichimaru and bnzjon....
    @kailashnj: I've to pay for the fuel... n the difference between the 2 fuel's cost is almost half of my monthly EMI
    @cyber: The sales person told that the service interval is 15k kms and cost is also comes on avg....but he did not say any exact value....
    any inputs on that....