1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Test Drive/Review

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Oct 6, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Duster 85ps, Duster 110ps
    The example you gave, VW Polo, has 3 pot petrol and diesel engines plus 1.6 petrol and diesel as well. Plus the 1.2 TSi with DSG.

The Dzire petrol. The 1.3L G13B engine of the Esteem was decent enougj but then it was replaced by the 1.2K series engine. It had very bad low end torque and not a worthy replacement. It is a fact that the 1.3 is not sold alongside the 1.2 but still.

And let me tell you, those who go around saying Linea is underpowered are those morons who probably took a short TD within the city. No Linea owner or a guy who has TDed it in the highway would say Linea MJD is underpowered.

Linea is no Ferarri, bro. If the Punto can make do with that engine, the Linea very well can, probably it would be few milliseconds slower to hit the ton, but does that matter to the cabbie? Or the average Joe who bought the classic just for the sedan status? Aren't these two segments the target audience for this launch?

Yes, Fiat requires some slack for this. They have many products and technologies to bring to the table but they don't. Multi-air, MultiJet 2, Dualogic, etc. Morons. And my heart skips a beat and I drool whenever I see the interiors of International Puntos or Lineas. Sure, India is given step motherly treatment by Fiat, like most other manufacturers.

This is what I also said. Time will decide if Fiat would make a fool of itself by withdrawing the Classic due to zilch market response.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    I think Fiat India is not getting enough funds and attention from its parents from Italy to do a new car, and on top of it their current models are not doing good. I am not happy to see Linea being stripped out.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Am yet to see a Classic on the road. If this trend continues, you guys need not worry, the curtains will close for the Classic. :D
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think Fiat might have launched this as an experimentation to check their reputation.

If it sells well, common mass has started to look at Fiat.
    If it don't sell which again will mean that Fiats are considered only by the enthusiasts. :D
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Well, for a common man, Fiat is recognized as a brand which sells only engines. Like last week, after seeing my Punto, my relative - ' Oh, Fiat still sells cars in India? I thought they are selling only engines' :D

And for few, its a brand which uses Swift's engine :evilsmile

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    I remember that argument with my maternal uncle. His arugument was swift uses maruti engine which has great FE, he was in total disbelief when I showed enough pointers to make him understand Swift uses fiat engine.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Fiat officials had said at the time of launch that they had took feedback from people all over india & they came up with Linea stripped down version with less features at price of a hatchback with 75hp engine for good drivability in city.People want is big saloon at the price of a hatchback with big boot & big status with loads of features but Fiat has stripped features from Linea & gave small tyres of Punto Active which look ugly on raised GC of Linea Classic.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  8. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Not a single Classic on TeamFIAT?
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ya.who will bring low specced Linea:D
  10. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Someone on a tight budget? A Linea Classic 1.4 with retrofitted central locking, wheel covers and audio @ 6 lakh would be most VFM!
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013