1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Test Drive/Review

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Oct 6, 2013.

1. maheshr

maheshr Timido

That because they are doing big mistakes. They launched the same car as classic then going to launch same car in the C+ segment. Of course there are tech differences, lot more features etc. But who cares? Only enthusiasts like us and net surfers or other forum members know the tech difference , power figures etc. In the eyes of common mans or casual buyers....both are Linea with same looks. So who will buy the same looking 7 lac car at a price of 11 or more lacs? If someone buys a yeni linea at 11 lacs...people will say...look...its a linea...a 6 lac car.

And why are they need to sell it in C segment. Linea is a D segment car (with powerful engines) in abroad competing with Cruze, Civic, Jetta, Fluence etc. When they launched it in India they have downgraded it to C+ by putting smaller engine, cutting features etc. After the initial sales hike went down...now they downgraded it again. Will they downgrade it again in B segment if the classic is a failure in the coming months?:)

Seriously...their strategy is wrong. They should have launched New Siena as a C seg car. Then new 1.6 Linea could replace the current one. Then they should launch small cars like UNO or Panda in the respective segments. They can also consider Bravo because there is currently none like that in the Indian market. Even if it will be a failure fiat will get respect from enthusiasts and even from fiat haters...they will say wow.

Looks like they wanted to sell Linea and Punto only and a punty 1.3 engine. Even if they launch 1.6 it won't do wonders because the same seg cars having more powerful 1.6 engines (eventhough its only on paper...normal people still prefer paper figures). They should have launched 1.6 when Linea launched and now 1.9. But they only want to sell 1.3 here.....If their future plan list is true....by looking at the current progress figures...it will take years. :evil:
    2 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    FIAT better pull up their socks and do what we want , when we want and how we want.:evil:

I want them to launch a triple-engine 5L/1.2L/electric car with 700hp , 20 speed auto gear box , 20 inch wheels , 30 zone sound system , full led-lighting , active exhausts , choice of 98 colours. Pricing should be at par with normal entry level sedans. Fair demand I think.

Bunch of no-goods. :evil:
    1 person likes this.
  3. Why not a Ferrari at hatchback prices?
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Now thats just being unreasonable :)
  5. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    Originally Posted by gurjinder

Oh my...Poor FIAT India.

Get bashed if you do something. And bashed if you don't.

Please don't get me wrong. I own Fiat Punto, my dad own Fiat 1100 ie premier padmini. But I want to convey my critics, which I would love to see getting fixed. Not for fiat itself but for the people who are responsible. Need to do it right, not for the sake of doing something.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Surprising!:eek: there is no any classic MJD 1.3 review till date since Launch. are there no takers for this classic ?
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Exactly what I thought this today ;)..May be too much of bashing happened for this poor guy:sad: within the forum itself (I was one among them :A )..May be we should allow Fiat to do their business..May be :confused:...
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    All are free to have their own view on this car from Fiat. Just because I am a fan of Fiat, I cannot just approve/agree whatever they do. Just look at Skoda, they are atleast clear with their strategy. They don't have any intention of launching a stripped down version of Rapid to target a specific segment. They market their products accordingly.

Having said that I don't have problem of Linea going to Taxi segment. But, it should be the regular Linea and not this crappy Linea Classic.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, most manufacturers have stripped down versions.

Honda City CE
    DZire Tour
    Indigo VE
    BMW 320D CE
    Merc C Class (The golden beige ones used by Emirates, with black door handles et all)
    and the likes.

So probably Fiat thought, why not us?

There is nothing wrong in it, at the most they may fail miserably and discontinue the model, clearing off existing stocks at huge discounts.

I fail to understand, is it due to the engine or cost cutting? The 75HP engine cannot be written off this easily, it is decent enough for the Fiesta Classic cabbies atleast, in the form of Linea classic. If it is the latter, well, cost cutting is the only way to provide a similar product at lower price, highlights being the consumer gets the comfort of the Linea and also the boot space, and not to mention, the SEDAN status. This is India! I have seen a couple of posts on TFI itself when car buyers who were contemplating for a Punto are now in a fix if they should go for the Punto or Linea Classic.

Linea classic is not for we enthusiasts and I wouldn't call it a crappy car either. :) Let time decide what it's fate is.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But they are versions with stripped down features. Does anyone have a car with less powered engine?

I have due respect for the 75HP. But, it is just unacceptable in a car like Linea. When 90HP Linea itself is being branded as an under powered car, what would be the image of Linea now? Just look at the timing. Fiat launches 1.3 Linea 75HP, while VW launches 1.6 TDI Polo with 105 HP. :)

Fiat has to understand some basics. They are not the mass sellers and they cannot do huge numbers without changing the brand perception. This will only happen over a period of time. Launching a stripped down product for the taxi segment is not going to help Fiat in anyway. Taxi guys won't be interested to buy Fiats and at the same time, they have now damaged the reputation of product Linea as well.
    1 person likes this.