1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Test Drive/Review

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Oct 6, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Currently all they are trying is to move the current Linea down one segment and replace the existing one with the facelift sometime Q2 next year.

On the other hand, unless Linea comes with a 1.6 MJD, my upgrade staying with Fiat is out of the window :A. Else can look at Punto as a second car which is not in my radar anytime soon.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat is creating space for New Linea, which will be against City, Vento etc.
    The current Classic is for lower segment.

The only confusion I see in both has same tag, Linea ;).
    1 person likes this.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys a funny incident happened with me yesterday. While parking my car in office, two taxi drivers came to me and asked about the maintenance and service about fiat. When i asked why they want to know, they said they are planning for Linea classic to buy and run their own taxi without driving for some agency. They asked me about the loan schemes but i did not know much on that part and provided KHT SA number as I had that. I think slowly common people are also knowing about FIAT and classic going towards taxi segment.
    4 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No confusion or collision.

The "regular/normal/soon to be refreshed" Linea against City / Rapid etc

The Linea Classic against Dezire / Etios etc.

That's how FIAT want's the game to be played out. Since they could not time the launch of the "refreshed" Linea along with the Classic, that has led to a lot of uproar among current Linea owners that the value/brand/status of their cars has just nosedived.

But, as per some source, the refreshed Linea will start production in the beginning of 2014. So, in a few months or so, the current "regular" Linea will cease to exist. There will only be Classic and the so called Novo Linea. No Linea owner will then feel a loss of status ( No pun intended to anyone ).

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT was there in the Taxi segment with Padmini. So i am sure that mindset and game plan could still work out for the Linea classic too.
    May be they should have called it Linea Padmini or Linea Padmini Classic or Padmini classic to make things as promising as before :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Umm..........:confused
    2 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I mean to say, to bring back the same hope of FIAT from the olden days to present in the mindset of the Taxi segment folks. In other words, if i not wrong the earlier days Taxi folks were happy and satisfied with FIATs padmini cars. So now Classic renaming that way (just a thought) would bring back those memories and happiness for those taxi folks who might be longing for padminis after order being passed to stop using it. Get my picture? ;)
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    My picture was that why is everyone still harping on the Taxi theme? Give it a break guys.

If someone cannot afford the more expensive Linea, should we all ridicule the guy and call him a cab-driver as well? Since we are already calling his nearly 7.5-8 Lakh car a taxi.
    3 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The only other manufacturer who experimented this model in India is the Ford with their Classic and the New Fiesta. That some how didn't work for them. Initially they called the old Fiesta as Fiesta Classic and later called it just Classic. But, still I don't see anyone referring that car as just Ford Classic. That car is still associated with the name Fiesta.

When we see other manufacturer's they are very clear about their refresh models. Honda never sold the old gen City's after launching new model. Hyundai introduced New Accent as Verna in India when they decided to sell the old version of Accent. Maruti is selling both old Dzire and new Dzire but both are in same segment and there is no confusion either.

Fiat sells both Linea Classic and Yeni Linea (New) in Turkey. But, they don't have 75 HP 1.3 MJD there.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh no sir, i am not calling any body who is buying at low cost as such. Sorry to paint it that way if i had, but not intended to. Taxi segment is one of the major segment which classic is targeted.