1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Linea Classic Test Drive/Review

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by nkrishnap, Oct 6, 2013.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Nice review.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    NKrishnap,
    Hats off to you.Fantastic review,Excellent review of Likes,Dislikes.I loved the Black instrument console in Classic+.Fiat has improved interiors fit & finish but still some exterior fit & finish is not upto the mark.Why is only Dashboard full black & door inserts in Beige?It looks odd.They could have given all black or black with beige cabin.Is gearbox tuned?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Gurjinder, i checked again with my friend. This was told to him by Fiat Official itself. But there is no confirmation from where this 100kg were reduced.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Excellent review with amazing details, Krishna.

But, personally I am disappointed with this particular launch from Fiat. I strongly believe that they are taking the route to damage brand Linea. Let us wait and see.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Fiat/Linea is hardly a brand in itself in India.
    As of now Fiat India needs sales,so if a cheaper linea lets them reach out to the masses,then why not?
    2 people like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +1. When the Verito sells with a 68 bhp engine and why should Fiat not try its hand at the classic with a 76 ps engine and make the audience reach a lot wider. The yellow board will take the car if the maintenance is dirt cheap and relatively niggle free. If they wanted quality, the indicas and indigos would have never sold.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. Yes brand value may go down with cheaper products.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, the classic will pull the current Linea as a brand down and will make space for the spacelift at least in terms of pricing :A
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

What brand value?
    Look out in the current market Scenario, Fiat as a brand holds no good to a common man apart from enthusiasts
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is a confused stand from Fiat. All these time, we were comparing Linea with City's, Rapid's, Vento's and Verna's. And now after this launch we are pitting it against Verito, Dzire, Etios. :D

What are they upto?

Correct. As a enthusiast, how would I be interested to buy a Linea if they have ruined it in this way? Personally, if I were in the market currently looking out for a C segment sedan, Linea will definitely be ruled out in my list.